Cannot cast to my "Emby for WMC" (HTPC)

eraser8

eraser8

Hi guys,

With my recent upgrade (FREENAS 11.2) and the upgrade of emby server (3.5.2.0), I am no longer able to cast a movie on my Windows Media Center setup (emby). The only option I can see for my HTPC, when I click on the cast button, is "HTPC - DLNA". I tried it but it does not work at all.

If I remember well, I didn't have the dlna option but only the real "HTPC". This worked perfectly with previous versions.

Am I the only one in this situation? Can I do something to fix that? 

I'm not sure if you need my log for that?

Thanks

eraser8

Hi Luke

Yes, I can cast to other browser or android tablet or Chromecast.

But for my HTPC (windows Medi Center) there is only the "dlna" option and it doesn't work.

Here is a Pic from Chrome browser on my computer.

post-3583-0-94087300-1533504273_thumb.jpg

eraser8

Is the app running?

Yes for sure, I used to do that since 2 year and I do the same than before.... To be more clear, it seems to connect to "HTPC-DLNA", but when I click on play button, it doesn't start on the device.

I just saw some error in the log when I'm trying to push play button (which actually does nothing). This is a server log after server restart. Also, I am up-to-date on WMC side.

You can take a look to the line:     2018-08-05 17:44:40.333

Thanks

Emby playto problem for htpc - serverlog.txt

Edited by eraser8

If you attach the emby for wmc log then @@ebr may be able to see why it's not getting connected for remote control. Thanks.

eraser8

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry but I have hard time finding the log for "Emby for WMC" app. Do you know where it is?

Thanks

eraser8

I wonder if I'm alone in this situation? It would be very nice if someone could quickly test this!    Simply try to lauch a movie (cast) on "Emby for WMC" using the cast option on the web browser.

Thanks

eraser8

We'll see what @@ebr thinks. Thanks.

Thank you Luke! Really appreciate the time for that.

Have you see in the server log, there is a " null reference error " when I press the play button?

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at Emby.Dlna.PlayTo.Device+<SetAvTransport>d__64.MoveNext () [0x000ed] in <58aaa0cde662469391ce4c70c79dabd6>:0

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x0000c] in <d7767e54cb234318be4a1e7ddd12ca51>:0

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x0003e] in <d7767e54cb234318be4a1e7ddd12ca51>:0

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00028] in <d7767e54cb234318be4a1e7ddd12ca51>:0

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00008] in <d7767e54cb234318be4a1e7ddd12ca51>:0

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.GetResult () [0x00000] in <d7767e54cb234318be4a1e7ddd12ca51>:0

at Emby.Dlna.PlayTo.PlayToController+<SetPlaylistIndex>d__47.MoveNext () [0x00154] in <58aaa0cde662469391ce4c70c79dabd6>:0

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x0000c] in <d7767e54cb234318be4a1e7ddd12ca51>:0

Thanks

I'm not quite sure, but that's dlna. That's not related to Emby for WMC. i know when using windows media player as a target I don't see any problems.

eraser8

Hi Luke,

Just more info about that, I just try it for fun using windows emby server and it is the same result. The error stacktrace seems to be a little bit different.

2018-08-06 20:43:05.747 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.5.2.0
Command line: C:\Users\Eraser\Desktop\emby-server\system\EmbyServer.dll
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
User Interactive: True
Processor count: 8
Program data path: C:\Users\Eraser\Desktop\emby-server\programdata
Application directory: C:\Users\Eraser\Desktop\emby-server\system
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Emby.Dlna.PlayTo.Device.SetAvTransport(String url, String header, String metaData, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Emby.Dlna.PlayTo.PlayToController.SetPlaylistIndex(Int32 index)
   at Emby.Dlna.PlayTo.PlayToController.PlayItems(IEnumerable`1 items)
   at Emby.Dlna.PlayTo.PlayToController.SendPlayCommand(PlayRequest command, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionManager.SendMessageToSession[T](SessionInfo session, String name, T data, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionManager.SendPlayCommand(String controllingSessionId, String sessionId, PlayRequest command, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceExecGeneral.GetTaskResult(Task task)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, ILogger logger, String operationName, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IHttpRequest httpReq, String urlString, String host, String localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
System.NullReferenceException
   at Emby.Dlna.PlayTo.Device.SetAvTransport(String url, String header, String metaData, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Emby.Dlna.PlayTo.PlayToController.SetPlaylistIndex(Int32 index)
   at Emby.Dlna.PlayTo.PlayToController.PlayItems(IEnumerable`1 items)
   at Emby.Dlna.PlayTo.PlayToController.SendPlayCommand(PlayRequest command, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionManager.SendMessageToSession[T](SessionInfo session, String name, T data, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionManager.SendPlayCommand(String controllingSessionId, String sessionId, PlayRequest command, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceExecGeneral.GetTaskResult(Task task)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, ILogger logger, String operationName, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IHttpRequest httpReq, String urlString, String host, String localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

Just in case it helps...

Right now I can't reproduce any windows Media player issues but will do more testing. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hi Luke,

Any news about that?

I just install the latest Beta (3.6.0.46) but unfortunately, nothing has changed. I'm not able to cast to my Windows Media Center (HTPC) but all other device works great.

Thanks

Hum... wrong... something has changed. I cannot see my HTPC in web browser but I can see it on my android tablet (in casting option)

.... Maybe a hint?

Edited by eraser8

Hi Luke,

Yes, and I also just did a test.

1 - I restart the server (to get a clean log) and

2 - I restart my htpc to see if I could see it in my "cast" list option.

Unfortunately, I cannot see it in the browser client.

Sorry, I update the log file to include the moment when I open up the emby on WMC

You can do a quick search of "MBClassic" there is somme error around that line but I'm not sure it is related...

Thanks Luke

embyserver.txt

Edited by eraser8

I have a feeling this feature may no longer work with Emby for wmc unless we update it. The server is complaining about the web socket protocol version of the client, which is probably pretty old by now.

I have a feeling this feature may no longer work with Emby for wmc unless we update it. The server is complaining about the web socket protocol version of the client, which is probably pretty old by now.

Ok. I hope this could be fix by EBR :) I like to keep the parental control on my HTPC and in the meantime, when I want to listen a movie with violence, I can simply cast it on my HTPC instead of relogging it with another user... Very much more easy to cast.

Thanks a lot!