Samsung Smart TV UA40H5500 App Crashes.

ECOTV

• 4 weeks later...

Ok we're no longer seeing any crash here but we'll do some testing to try and reproduce. Thanks.

I am here to report of new findings.

Subtitle bug is now gone but another set of problem seems to occur. My Media tabs like TV Show, Movies, Music, etc.is not clickable when on home of the app, multiple tries to press it causes app to crash. Skipping custom intro will crash the app as well as video with much higher bitrate (example: Web-DL with 4000kbps plays fine but Web-DL/BluRay with 9000 to 10000kbps does not).

Here is the log:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SDK1nBjPVTrAHc080sg2-0DPFMPZPPbs

FrostByte

No, I can't seem to get mine to crash on any of my media tabs in either horizontal or vertical views.   I've also got movies like LoTR that are almost 30 Mbps that play just fine

Server 3.6.0.55

App 0.121

No, I can't seem to get mine to crash on any of my media tabs in either horizontal or vertical views.   I've also got movies like LoTR that are almost 30 Mbps that play just fine

Server 3.6.0.55

App 0.121

Thanks.

Well that crashes on mine. Also skipping also crashes before but now it doesn't (yet, I haven't gone to test it more).

Is there any way you can upload a small video or sample which crashes?

Here is a video of Emby crashing when played with a higher bitrate file. (As well as UI not working - Changed the display to Vertical and still horizontal after several sign out and reboot.)

https://youtu.be/_9qLbOus-fk

Play seek bar remains outside of the app (visible loading icon)

https://youtu.be/g-ns-HphRL8

He's asking for a sample video for testing purposes. Thanks !

Ah. I was testing out BluRay rip of Down a Dark Hall with Bitrate of 9733 kbps. That crashes on that file. (Specifically: Down.a.Dark.Hall.2018.1080p.BluRay.x264-PSYCHD)

Edited by ECOTV
  • Like 1

Link to download it:

https://rapidgator.net/file/086c8cd19ce7601aa63a50633b62260f/D.D.H.2018.1080p.BluRay.x264-PSYCHD.mkv.html

@@FrostByte

Edited by Luke

FrostByte

Okay, I got that file and tried to follow exactly what you were doing in your video and didn't have any of those issues.

There appears to be something wrong in certain places when you click Enter on the remote because as you said you can't click on the media folders and it appears the crash happens shortly after clicking Enter on the remote. 

Is your TV still set to US? (I assume so because the app may get deleted if you changed it back to the original region).  I would be curious to see if it works with the Samsung SmartView app on your phone if you could try that.

https://www.samsung.com/us/apps/smart-view-2/

Just a wag, but maybe it has something to do with the region change and the communication with your remote which is causing these problems?  I haven't found anything yet on the Samsung developers website saying some remotes are region specific, but the Samsungparts.com website sells different remotes for the different regions.  Checking the TM1250/A, which looks like the one in your video, there is a different version for America, Europe, Korea, Latin America, etc.

Again, that is just a wag and something for you and Luke as a possibility  

Edited by FrostByte

Okay, I got that file and tried to follow exactly what you were doing in your video and didn't have any of those issues.

There appears to be something wrong in certain places when you click Enter on the remote because as you said you can't click on the media folders and it appears the crash happens shortly after clicking Enter on the remote. 

Is your TV still set to US? (I assume so because the app may get deleted if you changed it back to the original region).  I would be curious to see if it works with the Samsung SmartView app on your phone if you could try that.

https://www.samsung.com/us/apps/smart-view-2/

Just a wag, but maybe it has something to do with the region change and the communication with your remote which is causing these problems?  I haven't found anything yet on the Samsung developers website saying some remotes are region specific, but the Samsungparts.com website sells different remotes for the different regions.  Checking the TM1250/A, which looks like the one in your video, there is a different version for America, Europe, Korea, Latin America, etc.

Again, that is just a wag and something for you and Luke as a possibility  

Used the Smart View remote app and I still can't press anything on the media folders. So maybe it is not a region remote issue but maybe the app is broken on this model.

Edited by ECOTV
  • Like 1

shorty1483

@@ECOTV @@FrostByte @@Luke

I see exactly the force closes ECOTV has also on my german H6270 TV, where I also needed to change region, since day one the app got released last year. In every single app version I tried out The first half of 2018 I switched back to german smart hub for reasons, but went back to the US one 4 months ago. But the random force closes that make the app unusable regarding the WAF never changed. Still use the old app as a daily driver but now move on to real AndroidTV Oreo box because I gave up hope that this app with it's nice design will ever run stable on my H6270 TV. :(

• Like 1

At this point we think it might be region related. Thanks guys.

so is that it? Emby app is broken for this TV. Well time to uninstall it.

• 1 month later...