OT - Video Backdrops & SickBeard

CBers

CBers

I use SickBeard to grab TV shows and I'm seeing errors in the logs relating to the video backdrops that have been downloaded via Radeon's plugin:

2013-08-30 03:23:05.797000 SHOWQUEUE-REFRESH :: Unable to parse the filename X:\Videos\TV\Arrow\backdrops\theme.mp4 into a valid episode
2013-08-30 03:23:20.834000 SHOWQUEUE-REFRESH :: Unable to parse the filename X:\Videos\TV\Continuum\backdrops\theme.mp4 into a valid episode
2013-08-30 03:23:37.033000 SHOWQUEUE-REFRESH :: Unable to parse the filename X:\Videos\TV\Hawaii Five-0\backdrops\theme.mp4 into a valid episode
2013-08-30 03:24:07.827000 SHOWQUEUE-REFRESH :: Unable to parse the filename X:\Videos\TV\Burn Notice\backdrops\theme.mp4 into a valid episode
2013-08-30 03:24:34.800000 SHOWQUEUE-REFRESH :: Unable to parse the filename X:\Videos\TV\Chicago Fire\backdrops\theme.mp4 into a valid episode
2013-08-30 03:25:01.834000 SHOWQUEUE-REFRESH :: Unable to parse the filename X:\Videos\TV\Da Vinci's Demons\backdrops\theme.mp4 into a valid episode

Anyone else using SickBeard and the plugin seeing these errors?

Should the backdrops folder be hidden?

TIA.

Cheesegeezer

Is it not the metadata grabber trying to validate the episode as it's in a folder under the TVShow which would normally be Season 01\S01E01 Episode.mp4

this time it sees, Backdrops\theme.mp4 and goes WTF.... I can't compute that.

Just a thought.

CBers

@Cheese - it's SickBeard coughing up the errors.

I don't know anyone else that uses SB and MB3 and Video Backdrops and didn't want to post on CT ;)

CBers

Radeon has now made the backdrops folder a hidden folder (v1.0.0.2), but SickBeard is still finding the files, so I have posted on the SB forums.

CBers

U

Radeon has now made the backdrops folder a hidden folder (v1.0.0.2), but SickBeard is still finding the files, so I have posted on the SB forums.

The dev on the SickBeard forums says that the only folder that is ignored is the 'Extras' folder.

Could Video Backdrops be moved to an 'Extras' folder? Would they still work?

Cheesegeezer

I think Luke could make that change, its in the core, it just depends on how many dependants it has.

No. Backdrops is already part of our documented wiki. We're not going to change it just because sickbeard is refusing to help you. Think about the impact that would cause to everyone. Plus what about the specials folder or the thememusic folder.

What you need to do is submit a feature request with them to fully update to mb3 conventions and include a link to the library wiki.

CBers

No. Backdrops is already part of our documented wiki. We're not going to change it just because sickbeard is refusing to help you. Think about the impact that would cause to everyone. Plus what about the specials folder or the thememusic folder.

MB3 was the last to change, so you can't say that SickBeard are refusing to help.

Remember SickBeard is only TV sensitive, so it doesn't look at anything OUTSIDE of the TV structure.

What you need to do is submit a feature request with them to fully update to mb3 conventions and include a link to the library wiki.

Again, MB3 is new, so I wouldn't expect them to make a change just for our requirements.

I'm sure there are plenty of SickBeard users on the MB CT so this may get raised again.

They should change. Over time, Plex, Xbmc and ourselves are going to evolve with new features. External utilities like Sickbeard have to stay up to date in order to function. Metabrowser and MCM have both updated to support MB3. I don't see why Sickbeard can't either.

The backdrops and thememusic conventions have been in place for a year and a half dating back to my mb2 plugin. In fact, many people in the CT were involved in that decision making process of what the convention should be. We are not changing it just because one group doesn't want to update their code.

I use sickbeard as well and I don't have any problems. Are you just digging through their logs looking for issues, or is there actually an issue?

CBers

They should change. Over time, Plex, Xbmc and ourselves are going to evolve with new features. External utilities like Sickbeard have to stay up to date in order to function. Metabrowser and MCM have both updated to support MB3. I don't see why Sickbeard can't either.

The backdrops and thememusic conventions have been in place for a year and a half dating back to my mb2 plugin. In fact, many people in the CT were involved in that decision making process of what the convention should be. We are not changing it just because one group doesn't want to update their code.

I use sickbeard as well and I don't have any problems. Are you just digging through their logs looking for issues, or is there actually an issue?

So you don't see the error messages in your SickBeard logs then or don't you bother to check?

the app works well for me so i don't really check it anymore. i used to at first a couple years ago but i let it go.

• 3 weeks later...

Should the backdrops folder be hidden?

I put a video backdrop in my starwars collection root and in MBT it just plays the video and doesn't show the movie folders. Hiding the backdrops folder fixes it so I would assume it would be a good idea to hide them, and this might also stop SB looking in them.

I'm the same as Luke though, it's just setup to work so I never even look at it.

I put a video backdrop in my starwars collection root and in MBT it just plays the video and doesn't show the movie folders. Hiding the backdrops folder fixes it so I would assume it would be a good idea to hide them, and this might also stop SB looking in them.

I'm the same as Luke though, it's just setup to work so I never even look at it.

Making them hidden doesn’t stop SB moaning about them.

No response to my post here.

Ah, bummer. Well I guess it isn't doing any harm anywhere so it's not too bad.

I had put the issue of CouchPotato not seeing in the [boxset] folders and the dev seems to be fixing it, although there was a fix in yesterday that mentioned ignoring certain characters in folder names but it hasn't solved it.

I want it to do what it's designed to do, and as with your issue with SB it doesn't really affect much, but it just doesn't know all of the movies I have (so it doesn't recommend them) because they are hidden in boxsets and I don't want to faff around making boxset shortcuts. It's more a case of getting them to make it 100% compatible for anyone with an MB3 setup.

I don't let CP see my movies at all (you mean in Manage Library Manager?) but I still get recommendations.

Perhaps I'm missing something.

I mean it recommends me movies I have in my boxsets because it doesn't know I have them, like I say though; it's not like there are that many that it's always recommending me stuff I have.

I have MediaHub for Windows Phone which controls SABnzdb, SickBeard and CouchPotato, it's pretty nice but to be honest I don't need to use it. I generally just use the web access.