Chromecast as default player for videos in web app

dwi

Hello,

I am really new in emby. I am switching from kodi and plex to this one.

The story:

in my living room is a tablet on the wall to control my smart home. I will upgrade it to multimedia station. So there is a new link to emby and the user should chose movie from NAS. This movie now should started directly on chromecast.

At the moment you have to chose chromecast every time and you have to confirm it every time. But the tablet shall never be the player. It's just the controller.

So, is there a way to define all multimedia files should be streamed to chromecast? And just in case there is no chromecast, play them locally (or just give an exception).

Best,

dwi

The problem is that in the web app the Chromecast picker dialog is managed by chrome, so any automatic connection feature would still require you to first use that dialog to select your Chromecast device. Therefore that click will always be there.

The problem is that in the web app the Chromecast picker dialog is managed by chrome, so any automatic connection feature would still require you to first use that dialog to select your Chromecast device. Therefore that click will always be there.

Thanks Luke.

So there is no way to stream the movie directly with dlna/upnp features or something like that?

On my phone I use BubbleUPNP to stream content from libraries to players and it remembers the last choice. But here in emby it's like on plex? So there is just the integrated chrome solution, but no own functionality to stream movies with dlna/upnp to players?

Is there any plan to implement a clean streaming solution without google features for full control?

Best,

dwi

It's possible to use the server to connect to Chromecast, rather than the browser, but then that would only work with Chromecast on the same network as the server. You wouldn't be able to take a mobile device to another network and have that work.

The mobile Android and iOS apps are capable of what you're asking for, we just don't currently have options to do that.

• Like 1

okay, thanks for your replys. I understand what the problems are.

So its like plex, but in a better way, and I have to click twice for stream.

Regards,

dwi

• 4 weeks later...
ggibson793

I agree, I would like the option to set the Android app to use a specific chromecast as default everytime

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

• Agree 1