Some Music Album Covers Not Showing Up

larsonDigital

larsonDigital

Hi Everybody,

Can anybody help me figure out why some of my album artwork is not showing up in the Emby Media app?  I don't rely on Emby Metadata Fetchers to get the album artwork, each of my music files has the album artwork embedded in the file itself.  Most of the artwork is showing up, but about 5-10 out of every 100 albums (5-10%) is missing it's album cover.  I was able to get a lot of them back by recopying the music files again to my new music location (server), overwriting the existing files with the one same files.  However, I'm still missing about 2-3 out of 100 now.

Thanks anybody/everybody!

James

PenkethBoy

have you tried doing a refresh metadata on the missing ones and checking replace existing images

larsonDigital

Hi PenkethBoy,  thanks for the reply!

I hesitated doing that because I wasn't sure if it would refresh the entire library.  If I right-click on the album missing the artwork (cover), and then go to Refresh metadata, select Replace all metadata, and check Replace existing images, will that just do that album, or the entire library?

Thanks,

James

PenkethBoy

if you do it on the album (or item) you select - it just for that item 

you can do more than one at a time - by using the multi select option - left click and hold for a second or two

If you did want to do a library you could do that from the home screen - select music library etc

Give it a go and see for a single album first

larsonDigital

Thanks PenkethBoy!  That helped; it got most of them.  Still a few that it didn't work for, for some reason.  This must be a bug still.

James

PenkethBoy

i would check that the files do have the image to extract - IIRC Emby uses the first image it finds from the first track it finds for that album

also there is nothing different/funky about the image size, format etc etc

also check the logs to see if Emby has issues/errors when scanning those files

larsonDigital

Thanks PenkethBoy!  I think the album covers are filling in; maybe I just needed to give it more time; I'm not really sure because I've run into another problem.  Suddenly the Emby Media Server seems to have a problem.  All my apps (Windows 7 Emby Theater and Android app) say, "Connection Failure: We're unable to connect to the selected server right now.  Please ensure it is running and try again."  On the server (Windows Server 2016 Standard), I right-click on Emby Server in the task tray and click "Restart Emby Server," but Emby Tray says, "Unable to restart server."  In the Task Manager on the server, I can kill the Electron processes (two of them) or embytray.exe [Details tab] (two of them), and start the server again from the Start Menu > Emby > Emby Server.  This works temporarily, but now we get to the where the problem started I think,  If I launch Emby Theater (Windows 7) again and start scrolling down through Albums (as I was doing to see if all the album covers artwork was there, I get about half way through my Albums and suddenly no more album artwork is displayed, only titles/artists.  I click on one to see if it will bring up the album, and suddenly Emby Theater can't connect again.  This seems to start the whole process over.  I go back to the server and can't restart it; I have to kill it, and then restart it.  I'm not sure what's going on now.

Thanks,

James

PenkethBoy

I have seen similar issues for others windows and linux servers recently in the forums

I would create a new thread as this is not related to music album photos

Describe your problem in detail and post a server debug log for the period the issue occurs

Luke will then pick it up and you can go from there.

larsonDigital

Will do, thanks!  I just about did that anyway, but thought it might be something quick & easy.   :)

• 7 months later...
PRAGMA

Apologies for writing in an old topic, but if your here scratching your head, here's an instance that occured for me and how I fixed it.

So this was happening with Black Eyed Peas, 2 new albums.

What fixed it, was when I realized that its being read in emby as "Black Eyed Peas", but the actual artist name is "The Black Eyed Peas", it got this artist name from the music files directly and I used MP3Tag (On Microsoft Store or official website) to mass rename the music files to "The Black Eyed Peas". Did an emby scan and its working :D (Also it doesnt seem like emby gets cover art from MusicBrainz so I had to manually add a cover to the music files with MP3Tag)

Edited by PRAGMA

Also it doesnt seem like emby gets cover art from MusicBrainz so I had to manually add a cover to the music files with MP3Tag)

We have image fetchers from fanart, audiodb, and lastfm is in the plugin catalog.