Setup for PlayOn plugin

Ornery

Ornery

From the limited documentation available, it appears that the PlayOn plugin is exactly what I want.  I am interested in playing back TV shows that have already been recorded with PlayOn, using its ad-skip feature, while skipping the commercials during playback.  My observation is that the Emby player does not skip commercials even if PlayOn was used to record a show and the frame numbers of commercial segments are all listed in the file header.  If the Emby plugin presents a front-end to access the PlayOn player, this would be smooth.  In the setup for this plugin, I set the LAN address with port number for the PlayOn server, but all I am shown is a dozen empty folders marked Kids, etc., just like a report from an Emby user two years ago.  Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong or if my understanding of the function of the PlayOn plugin is incorrect?

Hi, you may want to send a message to the developer of this plugin, @@snazy2000. I think he only checks in here every week or so.

Additionally, @@Sammy may have some PlayOn tips. Thanks !

• 7 months later...
hjason7812

anyone know where to find the playon ip? would help if there was instructions on where to find it..

Thanks

It's the IP address of the machine on which you've installed the PlayOn software.