login trouble with non admin users

heciruam
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

heciruam

Hello,

I've been with Emby a couple of months now. And I like it. But I have always had trouble with the login page.

All of the accounts except my account (admin) can never login, if they are shown at the login screen. When they click on their name there is always an immediate prompt that says somehting like "log fail, wrong username or password. please try again"

I always found that a little strange since these accounts don't get a chance to type in any password. So up until now I just told everybody to click on login manualy and so on. For me it always works. Ican klick on my icon and I get asked for my password and I can sign in without any problems.

At the beginning I always thought my users just forgot their passwords, since a reset usually helped.

But today I was trying to setup a client with a user I created myself. But now I can't even login with this new user manualy. I am sure I have the right password because I can sign into the forums with it. I always get a message that tells me to make sure I have proper connection and so on. But I do since I can also sign in with my admin account from this client.

I have these problems across all the client I use (Theater desktop, firetv, web app, android, ios).

I always check on the dashboard if the users are there and I can also see the failed login attempts I just don't know how to fix this.

Am I doing something wrong?

Edited by heciruam

Happy2Play

Sorry I am confused.

All of the accounts except my account (admin) can never login, if they are shown at the login screen. When they click on there name there is always an immediate prompt that says somehting like "log fail, wrong username or password. please try again"

Users are not displayed on "Connect" login screen.

5b637db9e3318_connect.jpg

Happy2Play

@@Luke

If you select "Skip" and manually enter server, "Connect" users are unable to log in.  As OP said, when selecting "Connect" user you get invalid username or password just by selecting the user.

2 Users and 1 Connect user, connect users fails (Happy2play-test)

5b63804ec694c_local.jpg

What do you mean by connect user? is this a user that you added via the add by email function?

Happy2Play

What do you mean by connect user? is this a user that you added via the add by email function?

Okay Happy2play-test was created by "Invite with Emby Connect" and can only sign in via app.emby media as long as you do not select "Skip" and manually enter server info.  It is impossible for Connect user to sign into local server by selecting user icon.  You can manually though.

my test is on beta server.

5b63c44d6a597_connect.jpg

• Like 1

heciruam

What Happy2Play describes is the phenomenon I always saw since I joined emby about a year ago. I've never been sure if that was just a problem for me or if that was by design to work this way. Since I could login manualy, I wasn't too worried.

However as of now, I currently cannot login at all(even manualy). Everybody can login via emby connect to find the server. But only the admin user can then connect to the server. With non admin users it looks like this:

post-174051-0-40611900-1533292347_thumb.png

post-174051-0-31638500-1533292287_thumb.png

post-174051-0-36629700-1533292304_thumb.png

post-174051-0-88191800-1533292323_thumb.png

Edit:

Ok I have narrowed it down to Emby connect being the issue. If people go over my domain they can connect just fine.

Non admin users that are visible with their logo on the login screen, still get the error message without having the chance to type in any password. (exactly how Happy2Play shows in his screenshots)

cheers

Edited by heciruam

heciruam

So I created local users instead. I also cannot set passwords for those new local users.

Not if I go through Users>[username]>password:

post-174051-0-11324800-1533745455_thumb.png

And also not if I go through: Users>[username]>edit this users's prfile, image....>profile:

post-174051-0-13214700-1533745588_thumb.png

Am I the only one having these issues?

• Solution

For the local users, make sure you don't have any browser password extensions that might be causing a problem. Try disabling all of those. I just tested and it worked perfectly fine.

• 1 month later...
Happy2Play

@@Happy2Play are you still seeing this on the beta server? Thanks !

If you select the Connect user you get Connection Failure.  Selecting a Local user you are bounced to manual login to enter your password.

Connection Failure
We're unable to connect to the selected server right now. Please ensure it is running and try again.

But if you select Manual login you are able to enter Connect username and password without issue.

• 2 weeks later...