Poster sizes in latest Roku Beta

paulsalter

paulsalter

Hi 

The image sizes in the Beta app have been increased, meaning i see less information on the screen and parts of items are now being cutoff at the bottom

Can we have the image sizes returned to the size used in the stable app

Beta Roku (only 6 items on a row, bottom row is cut off)

5b62babbf1ad4_20180802_031722.jpg

Roku Stable (8 items fully shown vertically and not cut off at the bottom)

5b62bb15406ba_20180802_031815.jpg

• Like 1

What we're doing is making it consistent with our other apps. Options are always possible in the future but we feel this is a better default.

paulsalter

Thanks for update

Shame this is now the default as it looks a bit messy now on the home screen with information cut off half way through

• Like 1

Shame this is now the default as it looks a bit messy now on the home screen with information cut off half way through

That is actually by design in most cases.  By displaying that way, it is obvious that scrolling down will reveal more content.  In the original screen, there is absolutely no indication that there is (actually a lot) more information below those rows.

You notice it is the same horizontally...

paulsalter

I just found the original way (Still on Roko Stable) much more pleasant to look at

At a glance i got 2 rows with 8 items on them, scrolling down, the next block of 8 was displayed

As it is now I get 1 full row and the majority of the next row with 6 items each, so i have to scroll more to see things

Edited by paulsalter

• 4 weeks later...
Allan Cameron

I prefer the bigger posters, so please offer a choice on poster size while in the grid view. 

Choices always make the most seance, everyone is happy. Thanks!

• Like 1