Min Resume Percentage to seconds watched?

MindBullet

MindBullet

Hello there,

I had the idea to change the watched percentage to actual seconds. That way it would be the same for every movie/episode. Maybe there're people out there who would like it that way, too.

I personally would like every episode and movie to bee marked as "unseen" at a set value (e.g. 8 seconds) and not "xx%".

If I have a movie like, let's say, Watchmen, which has a playback duration of 03:35:26, 2% of it would be ~4,30 minutes.

If I have an episode with the length of 30 minutes it would only be 0,6 minutes.

And that's what I would like to change, as a suggestion. If we would be able to set a static value of seconds for each item, the discrepancy would have been terminated and all movies, episodes, music videos etc. would be treated the same way, and the "resume point" would be the same for each item. The other 2 values don't need any adjustment imho, but I'd love to see the described value changed to seconds, instead of percentages.

What do you think?

5b61cec8445c6_EmbyPercent.png

• Like 2

I don't think this would work well for the majority of content.

We designed it this way because most major films (longer items) have several minutes of credits which people will almost never watch.

MindBullet

Hello ebr,

thank you for reading my post!

Yes, of course and I know what you mean. But I don't mean the value for the item to be marked as "seen", but the value for the items to be marked as "unseen". I'm struggling explaining with my bad english, sorry :D Let's take the 2 examples of my first post.

These 2 items would appear in my "Continue to watch" tab after a different time I've watched them (Watchmen after 4,30 minutes and the episode after 0,6 minutes). Why can't both items appear in my "Continue to watch" tab after I've watched each for ... 10 seconds?

Maybe my explanations are just bad :D I hope you get me

Edited by GodOnEmby

Ah, sorry, I see.  You are talking about minimum resume percentage not watched.   The translations threw me :).

I'll move this to the Feature requests forum so we can see what others think.

Thanks!

• Like 1

MindBullet

@@ebr holy shute, yes! :D I was lacking the "minimum resume percentage not watched", as I couldn't translate it from German into proper English :D Thank you so much! Maybe that might be a good upgrade. Let's see what others think about it :)

Edited by GodOnEmby

Waldonnis

+1 from me and a nice idea.  Even better would be if you could use either a percentage or a time in seconds...mostly on the "maximum" side because modern movie's and some television shows' end-credit lengths tend to be somewhat proportional to overall runtime.  Contrary to end-credit sequences, many movies/shows now just launch into an opening scene after a few studio splashes rather than a credit sequence, so being able to specify the minimum in seconds would be more useful for the reasons the OP already outlined.

You could use qualifiers to differentiate (adding an "s" for seconds, and percentages can be represented by adding "%"), then just parse/calculate accordingly if you choose to accept both types of arguments.  Upgrade scenarios can just append the percentage qualifier to the existing value since that's the current unit type.

• Like 1

MindBullet

Very good @@Waldonnis, agreed. Also I think (If this would be possible) it would be cool to specify values on a library basis. This way we could determine different values for e.g. movies and episodes of TV shows. I personally would then go and set the value for episodes like to 5-10 seconds and the value for movies to maybe 1:30 minutes. But that's just an optional thought :)

Edited by GodOnEmby