Theme songs killing shield controller battery.

MEB

Because the shield controller stays on and connected while media is playing and because the theme songs start playing again after you stop a show and play on repeat infinitely it kills my controller battery. Can we get a limit on how many times a theme is allowed to repeat? Also going to the shield home screen the theme keeps playing in the background so I cant even solve it by leaving and coming back unless i launch another app.

Does not have to be a user settable setting but maybe limit it to 10 times?

Edited by MEB

Also going to the shield home screen the theme keeps playing in the background 

If you use the actual remote control home button does this still happen?

If you use the actual remote control home button does this still happen?

I only have the game pad controller and the home button on it does not kill the theme playing. On 7.0 version.

I've tried hitting home from the episode screen, home screen, and just hitting B all the way out to the home screen. I'll post a video if you want.

So you back out to the home screen of the app and the theme music is still playing..?

maegibbons

ive had to switch theme tunes off at the moment because the theme is still playing when the episode starts playing.

There are timing issues with when the themes play.

Krs

Mark

So you back out to the home screen of the app and the theme music is still playing..?

Yes, also as maegibbons stated it occasionally plays during when a show/movie plays, I have disabled it for the time being.

I cannot reproduce that.

Only thing I can think of is that it is taking a long time to start playing the theme song so, when we tell it to stop, it actually hasn't started yet...

I cannot reproduce that.

Only thing I can think of is that it is taking a long time to start playing the theme song so, when we tell it to stop, it actually hasn't started yet...

Either way it plays indefinitely which kills the controllers battery. Even allowing it to play 100xs then stop should be enough for anyone.