Emby for WMC home screen settings

annisman

annisman

Hi, is there any way to remove the 'watched' section at the homescreen ? It's kind of annoying and to me it's useless information. Thanks.

post-240190-0-92953500-1533074763_thumb.jpg

throgmorton

I think the only way to do that is if you disable the entire EHS through the configuration menu.

annisman

I think the only way to do that is if you disable the entire EHS through the configuration menu.

I hope not, because other than the 'watched' section I love the EHS look. No way would I go back to folders only view.

throgmorton

Well I'm not the expert on Chocolate as it doesn't suit my tastes, personally I use Destiny's EHS so I have the scroll bar and the recently watched/added is neatly hidden... Super simple and clean....

5b60f94331c74_destiny_splash.jpg

Edited by throgmorton

annisman

Does Destiny EHS still do coverflow etc ? Or does it just change the initial home screen ?

throgmorton

Destiny is its own idependent theme as Chocolate is.  So it has its own take on the views. so for instance this is Destiny coverflow view.

5b60fbb5c5ada_destiny_coverflow.jpg

throgmorton

Yes of course it works with all the plugins that I know of although I don't use many plugins.

Although it is a paid theme you should still be entitled to a free trial of 15 days, so you can test it out to see if it suits your needs. If it doesn't you can flip back to Chocolate.

annisman

Throg, you've been very helpful, thank you. A couple more quick questions because I am a bit nervous in switching over. How easy is it to switch over ? Will all my settings in chocolate disappear if I try to go back ? I like what I have going on now minus the 'watched' section taking up half of my EMS at startup. 

throgmorton

Switching themes shouldn't change settings.  The themes generally share settings as they both access the same cache and config options. That being said if you switch over to one of the other themes and start changing settings those settings will be reflected when/if you switch back to Chocolate. 

Now each theme may have custom options/settings which aren't shared so these should be untouched by changing themes.  For instance Chocolate has a few tabs in the configuration which are options specific to it so none of these would be altered by changing themes.   Generally its stuff like the view, poster size, etc... that are common between themes.

throgmorton

In truth I use Destiny for the added functionality that it possess's which allows it to use views from all themes (excluding chocolate).  But the views I have currently setup are the following:

EHS: Destiny

TV Shows (Series Level): Supremacy Thumb

TV Shows (Season Level): Regency Strip

TV Shows (Episode Level): Regency List

TV Shows (Detail Level): Destiny

Movies (Folder Level): Regency Poster

Movies (Detail Level): Destiny

Games (Folder Level): Destiny Poster

Games (Detail Level): Regency

Stand Up (Folder Level): Destiny Coverflow

Stand Up (Detail Level): Destiny

Here are a few samples...

5b6104767673c_supremacy_thumb.jpg

5b610482d276f_regency_strip.jpg

5b61049429b57_regency_list.jpg

5b6104a43b7e7_destiny_details.jpg

5b6104b5667ef_regency_poster.jpg

annisman

Are all of the Destiney customization settings strictly in WMC ? Or do you have to mess with Emby server also ? Thx !

throgmorton

All settings are altered within WMC, you just need to define the Library's on the Server side and CoverArt treatments.

Also I guess the Custom MediaInfo icons are also stored on the Emby Server as I don't use the standard ones.

Throg's themes are awesome so I'm happy if you're happy with them.

However, in Chocolate, you can also change what shows in that area.  It can be recently watched or recently added.  The default is recently added so you must have changed this at some point.

Thanks.

throgmorton

However, in Chocolate, you can also change what shows in that area. It can be recently watched or recently added. The default is recently added so you must have changed this at some point.

Thanks.

I understood he wanted it gone completely. And I'm unsure if you could hide the RAL in Chocolate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

annisman

However, in Chocolate, you can also change what shows in that area.  It can be recently watched or recently added.  The default is recently added so you must have changed this at some point.

Thanks.

I can find this option NOWHERE, please tell me where it is - recently added would be much better than recently played for me.

I can find this option NOWHERE, please tell me where it is - recently added would be much better than recently played for me.

When on that item on the home screen, arrow up until "Recently Watched" is in focus.  Then hit select to toggle the value.

annisman

When on that item on the home screen, arrow up until "Recently Watched" is in focus.  Then hit select to toggle the value.

Ok, awesome it worked, I had no idea that you could even do that ! It looks much better now. Now, because I'm picky like this and because you guys are so helpful, my next question is how do I change which movie images show up on the right hand side of the Movies home screen ? 

post-240190-0-16877200-1533152300_thumb.jpg

Edited by annisman

Using the web app, right click (or hit '...') on the library and select "Edit Images..." and provide whatever primary image you wish.

Well, I mean the web app which talks to your server like all the other apps :).

You can access it from the server machine by right-clicking the Emby icon in the tray and selecting "Browse Library..."

annisman

Well, I mean the web app which talks to your server like all the other apps :).

You can access it from the server machine by right-clicking the Emby icon in the tray and selecting "Browse Library..."

Yeah sorry, my HTPC is both my server and video player so that's why I was confused. I found the image location, thanks.