Help with multi-version movies

annisman

annisman

Hi, I've tried naming the movies according to the wiki article but am not having any luck. I have a BD and 4K version of Saving Private Ryan, both files are inside of a file named "Saving Private Ryan", the BD video file is named "Saving Private Ryan [1080p]" and the 4K is "Saving Private Ryan [2160p]" which the wiki article states to do. However when scrolling through my movies in coverflow it is showing me two seperate videos, it also shows me two seperate videos on Emby server. Thoughts ? (I've attached two pictures as well)

post-240190-0-10685600-1533062135_thumb.jpg

post-240190-0-30911000-1533062156_thumb.jpg

Edited by annisman

annisman

I dont understand the question... both my .mkv tips are under one folder "Saving Private Ryan" which is inside a "UHD" folder which is included in my emby library structure.

annisman

One of the pictures I provided should show you what my folder looks like, I have highlighted both the mkv files in there for you.

So they're both video files? you said bluray so i wasn't sure if it was a folder bdmv structure. i really need to see the entire contents of the folder. thanks.

annisman

Here is everything in the folder (minus the backdrops, which I removed to make it easier to take a pic)

post-240190-0-19842100-1533068110_thumb.jpg

You are using Emby for WMC?

If so, you are going to want to keep those separate like that because that app won't understand the two different versions and give you individual access to them.

annisman

Can I also see the folder path, can you include that as well? Thanks.

I am at work now so I can't take any more pictures, but the folder path is very simple.

Hard-drive > "UHD" > "Saving Private Ryan" 

"UHD" folder is included in my Emby movie Library.

What is in the "Saving Private Ryan" folder I have show in my last attachment above.

annisman

You are using Emby for WMC?

If so, you are going to want to keep those separate like that because that app won't understand the two different versions and give you individual access to them.

That's a little disappointing but certainly not a deal breaker, maybe that should be pointed out in your wiki article - because it gave me the assumption that it would work for me in WMC Emby.

Edited by annisman

Yes you're right, thanks for the feedback. Emby for WMC is based on our older Media Browser 2 app and it's just been a challenge adding new features to it without breaking other areas. I would suggest checking out our new app for windows, Emby Theater:

https://emby.media/emby-theater.html

This is designed to fully replace windows media center. Thanks !

annisman

Yes you're right, thanks for the feedback. Emby for WMC is based on our older Media Browser 2 app and it's just been a challenge adding new features to it without breaking other areas. I would suggest checking out our new app for windows, Emby Theater:

https://emby.media/emby-theater.html

This is designed to fully replace windows media center. Thanks !

I am using MPC-BE as an external player, does Emby Theatre support that ? How is Emby Theatre with HDR passthrough ? Do you think the internal player is comparable or better than MPC-BE with MadVR ?

Edited by annisman

Guest asrequested

I am using MPC-BE as an external player, does Emby Theatre support that ? How is Emby Theatre with HDR passthrough ? Do you think the internal player is comparable or better than MPC-BE with MadVR ?

You can still use external players, but you may want to try the internal player, first. MPV is very good.

annisman

Should I download Theater real quick and give the player a whirl ? Will installing Theater mess with my current Emby for WMC setup if I don;'t like it and uninstall ?

Guest asrequested

Should I download Theater real quick and give the player a whirl ? Will installing Theater mess with my current Emby for WMC setup if I don;'t like it and uninstall ?

It won't affect anything else. You could use both.