[Request] Download option to also download external subtitles along with media file

aptalca

aptalca

I just got a chromebook and I'd like to use it on the go. Although I can install the android app, there are some issues with it (beyond the scope of this request) and one of the issues is not being able to sync media to the external sd card (only worked the first time, no go since then)

Anyway, I'm okay with using the web app on it and can "download" from the interface and copy to the external sd card. They can be viewed offline by a different media player. But it would be nice if the download button also downloaded the associated external subtitles along with the media file.

Thanks

(I'll open a separate thread about the android app woes on chrome os)

Edited by aptalca

Hi, currently it follows the subtitle settings of the logged in Emby user, and that determines what subtitles you get with the downloaded version, if any. In the future we plan to make this more explicit by having those options right in the download dialog. Thanks.

aptalca

Hmm I wasn't aware that it was supposed to download subs under certain circumstances.

The client settings are set to display English subtitles always, and in the item listing, English subtitles are set to active but the download only retrieves the media file.

Edited by aptalca

Ok yes that's correct. The web app download feature will only download the video file itself.

However, if you use the download function built into our android and ios apps, then this can download subtitles. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !