Custom Skining

Echostorm

Echostorm

Let me just say first that I'm impressed at how well Theater has come along since the last time I checked on it.  That being said I wish that backdrops were more prevalent and that some other screens were less cluttered.  I know most people like all the options and information but I'm looking for more basic and showing off my backdrops.  To that end I thought, hey I work with css and js all day, I'll get in there and make my own skin.  Read the instructions, forked, changed the name and ids as instructed and then installed it just to make sure it worked. Though it installed fine it seemed to break the top bar immediately after backing out of settings and then all views just fail after refreshing.

So I wonder, is the default skin that we're supposed to use for creating custom skins out of date?

Here is the error I'm getting.

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property 'classList' of undefined
    at Object.loadView (viewcontainer-lite.js?v=1532792102338:1)
    at ViewManager.loadView (viewmanager.js?v=1532792102338:formatted:72)
    at loadContent (router.js?v=1532792102338:formatted:258)
    at router.js?v=1532792102338:formatted:47
    at Object.execCb (alameda.js:1)
    at defineModule (alameda.js:1)
    at Object.depFinished (alameda.js:1)
    at alameda.js:1

I get that this has been under heavy dev and you have like 30 other projects you're juggling, I know how it is.  I noticed that there aren't really any other skins and the plugin screens seem unfinished so if this isn't ready I don't want to invest a ton of time only to find that out.

Correct, the repo and instructions are not up to date. I'll have to look at it when i have a chance. 

Echostorm

Most of what I do now (front end wise) is jQuery and plain js, the site I took over was an Angular 1 mess that got screwed with the changes. My boss swore off the trendy frameworks after that.  All the backend stuff is C# mvc.  It looks like you guys are using something like angular but I didn't dig in enough to figure it out.  Vue maybe?

No, it's predominantly just plain javascript as that's what i tend to prefer.