DS218play transcoding problem

and135531

and135531

Hello,

i recently got my first NAS (DS218play), unfortunately it is not really working with emby. I can't watch transcoding videos on my android tv without pausing every 2 seconds. The CPU is going up to 99% utilization. I also tried different Hardware acceleration, but it doesn't gets better. I heard there are problems with the ARMv8 cpu. Is there a way to fix this, or should I switch to another NAS like the DS218+? 

I really hope someone can help me. And sorry for my bad English :)

ffmpeg-transcode-b3f89ac0-4636-4187-9722-e3706e93f1ef.txt

Edited by and135531

and135531

No, I am playing with the emby app on my sony bravia with android tv. At the browser I can use direct playing and this works without problems. I used the emby server on windows before and this works with my android tv, too.

solabc16

Hello @@and135531

There aren't any issues with the ARMv8 CPU per se, for all practical purposes it simply doesn't have the performance to perform software transcoding.

These CPUs do not have any support for h/w transcoding.

However, this NAS should be capable of running Emby Server with reasonable performance and able to support a number of direct play clients.

That's the key, you have to be targeting direct play only, this isn't the right h/w if transcoding in your setup is unavoidable.

Best

- James