What about integrating RoboSubSync to fix unsync subtitles

LJZA

Hello Emby team,

First of all, thank you for your work, it's just amazing, you're amazing.

My proposition is experimental, I don't know if it could work, if it needs a lot+lot of work or just a lot.

I discovered RoboSubSync which proposes to "Fix an unsynchronized subtitle in any language according to an already synced subtitle in english, with the help of some advanced algorithm magic..."

Here the GitHub page

I found this idea super hyper cool. It could provide a lot of movies to different languages speakers. In my case I have a lot of rare DVDs ripped with English subtitles that I want to share with my friends and family through my Emby server, unfortunately they doesn't speak or read English. And I suppose I'm not the only one in this situation. In general other subtitles languages exist for a movie with English subtitles but it's globally unsync and asks a lot of work to resync it.

Having a RoboSubSync plugin or functions inside Emby would make an happier world.

Or perhaps the solution would be make RoboSubSync as a website, the users would then upload their subtitles to sync, they will selects some settings and will then download the sync subtitles.

A little bit like the pdf>jpg converter websites for example. 

What do you think about those ideas ? Anyone convinced it could be really great ? Who has the superskills to make this dream a reality without too much energy ?

Have a nice day or night!

LJZA

Hi, it sounds like an interesting concept but doe sit actually work? I don't see any feedback from existing users so it's hard to tell if anyone actually uses that.

I tried to install the binaries on my Windows virtualmachine, it opened but I didn't succeed in importing .srt files inside

...and I don't know how to play with the source code. 

So no indeed I never made it working, sorry for my enthusiasm, the developer looked serious and the description made me dream it would work like a charm.

Sorry I don't want to make you lose your time !

I can try to contact the developer to have some informations. Who knows?

Edited by LJZA

• 2 weeks later...
medolino2009

This would be amazing... i am struggling with subtitles as wel... Emby get's them as it schuld, but many subs are out of sync.... and english is usually just fine (90% synced fine)... so if there could be some automatic process to sync all other subs with original (or perfectly matched subtitle)...that would be game changer... all other media servers would look like they are missing a lot.

Hope to see something like this implemented in Emby.

Best regards

Miki 

medolino2009

Have you tried the tool outside of emby to see that it even works?

...not yet... needs to be compiled ... will try it when i get little time... it was just that i found this topic and commented how cool would it be to have such a possibility in Emby... Wil let you know if i get it working

Best regards

miki