iPad sync issue

chuga
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hi - when I try to sync a movie using emby app the sync screen that pops up has a drop down where you can select the device you want to sync to. My issue is that my iPad does not show as an option in that drop down....just 2 of the other iPads in the house are listed (different users). I checked the profile under server admin and "allow sync" is checked for my user profile

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I am using 1.5.3 app. Also, there is no "download" button. I am selecting the "sync" option in the above scenario

Edited by chuga

Hi - just checked the other ipads in the house.  They all have "download" buttons on the movie info screens.

My ipad does not have a download button, just the play and 'trailer' buttons.

the only difference is my ipad is older (ipad 4) and still on IOS 10.3.3.    Is there some restriction where download is disabled on IOS10/ipad 4?

they are all using the same version of emby app 1.5.4.

thanks

• Solution

Correct, yes. The download feature is currently only for iOS 11+. We may add it to iOS 10 in a future update.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
samuelqwe

Correct, yes. The download feature is currently only for iOS 11+. We may add it to iOS 10 in a future update.

Would love to have support for this, as I also use an iPad 4. Currently, I am able to use other apps to acheive this, but it would be better to do it directly from Emby.

• 3 months later...
wallace80

Hi, is there any plans to add the feature to pre 11 devices?

All my iOS devices are currently on 10.2 and my don't plan to update any time soon.

Thanks

iOS 10 is possible, but at this point, iOS 9 isn't going to happen. However looking at this:

https://developer.apple.com/support/app-store/

iOS 11 and 12 make up 93 % of the market as of two weeks ago. If that number keeps climbing rapidly then we may just decide not to do it so that we can move forward with new development for the newer operating system versions.