Add IsMuted to progress checkins

Luke

If checking in over the http api, it's IsMuted = true/false, just like IsPaused that you're already sending.

If checking in over the web socket, it's another pipe-delimited value - add |false or |true to the end.

ApiClient and wiki updated.

With the next server dev build, IsMuted will be available on the session object.

i guess as much as you can possibly detect and control. so for you that means the roku player volume.

gcw07

The roku doesn't have volume :) Makes sense for things like phones and tablets I guess. MBC, MBT, not so much for me at least since it is run through a receiver (or even a tv) and the volume on those things would always be set to high and you mute the receiver/tv itself over the client.

gotcha. in that case you can just omit. 

even if you use a receiver, it's still has value to quickly mute.

gcw07

even if you use a receiver, it's still has value to quickly mute.

But if you mute the tv or receiver, I don't think the client would ever know you muted. It is like the built in volume control in WMC, mine always sits at 50 (I think that is the max) on my extenders and on my main tv. WMC never knows when it is muted. I totally see it's value for things like tablets and phones though. Just was curious on what it was intended for though. 

no i mean a quick mute if you have a mobile device in your hand. it'll just mute the player which should be fine.

gcw07

Ah ok. Makes sense for those that use mobile devices as remotes. Never thought of it like that.

darwindeeds

Ah ok. Makes sense for those that use mobile devices as remotes. Never thought of it like that.

Wait till I make the IOS client remote control your Roku.. muahaha!  :P

darwindeeds

Shiv this is all in the dev build for you now. I think you're aware that you have to wait for clients to implement it before you can test it. but the web client currently supports it.

Thats true. I'm waiting for MBT to implement all the remote features. MBC already does most of them which nice for me cos I have an Xbox in my bedroom and my controller is always running out of power. :P

Now that the app can control it, my wife sees that I'm actually doing something useful... lol. Although she is not happy with the fact that I installed IOS 7 on her iPhone 4 and its crapping out. 

gcw07

Wait till I make the IOS client remote control your Roku.. muahaha!  :P

Wish it was possible, but unfortunately the Roku can't open web sockets. So everything for remote would have to be built specifically for the Roku at this point.

gcw07

Are you positive about that?

http://blog.roku.com/developer/2011/05/06/sdk-version-3-0/

• Create and use TCP and UDP sockets directly.  Write a web server, or custom protocol handler.

I know you can create a web server. I'm just not sure it can be used as a receiver/sender for the websocket messages. I'm still trying to figure that part out as it isn't very straight forward. I'll see if I can write some sort of test up.

I know you can create a web server. I'm just not sure it can be used as a receiver/sender for the websocket messages. I'm still trying to figure that part out as it isn't very straight forward. I'll see if I can write some sort of test up.

it looks like you get a low level tcp socket api

http://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc/roStreamSocket

web sockets are just an implementation on top of that. you'd have to handle the handshake process yourself but i don't think that would be a big deal. you might be able to find someone who's already done it

gcw07

it looks like you get a low level tcp socket api

http://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc/roStreamSocket

web sockets are just an implementation on top of that. you'd have to handle the handshake process yourself but i don't think that would be a big deal. you might be able to find someone who's already done it

No, I've searched and search and there have been several posts within the Roku dev forum asking for the same thing and nobody ever responds. So if someone has done it, they aren't telling.

Wish it was possible, but unfortunately the Roku can't open web sockets. So everything for remote would have to be built specifically for the Roku at this point.

Are you positive about that?

http://blog.roku.com/developer/2011/05/06/sdk-version-3-0/

• Create and use TCP and UDP sockets directly.  Write a web server, or custom protocol handler.

Shiv this is all in the dev build for you now. I think you're aware that you have to wait for clients to implement it before you can test it. but the web client currently supports it.