Emby Server 3.5.1 Crashing

MarcusJ

MarcusJ

I'm currently running Emby Server 3.5.1 on a Windows 10 PC.  Since the latest upgrade to this Emby version, the server seems to be unstable.  It starts out looking and running ok, but VERY quickly the performance degrades and then the server simply stops running.  I am usually able to restart it manually, but even that it beginning to be ineffective. I have re-booted the whole machine 5 or 6 times now and the problem does not go away or change in nature.

For completeness, here is a list of the plugins I am running:

• Cinema Mode 1.0.2.0
  • IMVDb 1.0.1.0
  • Kodi Companion 2.0.3.0
  • Open Subtitles 1.0.2.0
  • Reports 1.0.15.0

I read a couple other posts about others having similar problems, but wanted to add my $.02 in hope it helps.

I am attaching two recent log files.  Any insights would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Marcus

Emby Server Log 1.txt

Emby Server Log 2.txt

MarcusJ

I'm not a techie, but it looked like there are thousands of lines in the logs that say "Debug Dlna: No matching device profile found. HOST=192.168.1.130:8096".  My be unrelated, but odd to see it so many times...

Sven

Do you use DLNA? If not you can disable it in the Server Dashboard under Devices/DLNA.

So you don't see the "Errors" anymore

• Like 1

Sven

I also don't really see any error in the logs... Those are all the logs?

Do you see something in your eventviewer (it's installed on a windows machine?)

MarcusJ

Again, I'm not sure what is relevant and what is no big deal, but I have a rather huge amount of fanart, clearart, thumbs, etc..  Probably 40-50,000 image files and growing.  I store them in the same folder as the movie files (actually, many of them are in the "extrafanart" and "extrathumbs" folders). I was in the process of adding more when I started experiencing this instability. Given the size of the video files which are many times larger, I doubt this has anything to do with the problem, but trying to give additional insights into the issue...