Nvidia shield tv

Pepa pig

Pepa pig

Hello, i just instaled the Emby server on my shield tv. And at the moment it works really good. The files are stored on my Hp proliant g8 with xpenology and no problems there also. Gone keep you guys posted 

thanks and regards

Pepa pig

Hello, At the moment it play,s every file i trow at it. And sound is also working properly, True my pioneer av the only thing thats not working is tv tunes theme. I have updated the libary several times but with no luck.But for the rest i am really HAPPY thinking about emby premiere 

Thanks and regards

Pepa pig

I think i have. And the option is also activated on the emby theather player

Edited by Pepa pig

gavin8806

I downloaded an android file server and sideloaded it onto my shield but I couldn't figure out how to get it to make it's own server on the shield. With Plex it let's me link it to my NAS, how does this work?

Pepa pig

Yes you need to download the emby server from the link above. And instal it on your Android box. From there you go to the app emby server start it up go to your laptop o pc and set it up true there..

gavin8806

Is there no way to run the server directly off the shield? The whole point of the server on the shield is to have it do the heavy lifting and I have no need for a laptop. Plex can do this and Emby cannot?

Pepa pig

Yes. What i did downloaded the file on my pc. Put it on your usb and plug it in your nvidia shield. From there go to file manager look for the file and install it. Then when its finished installing look for the app its a grey color and start emby server on shield. From there go to your laptop o pc and go from there to the emby Page sin in and then adjust everything what you need to do.

gavin8806

Yes. What i did downloaded the file on my pc. Put it on your usb and plug it in your nvidia shield. From there go to file manager look for the file and install it. Then when its finished installing look for the app its a grey color and start emby server on shield. From there go to your laptop o pc and go from there to the emby Page sin in and then adjust everything what you need to do.

Why do I need the laptop though? Or is it just faster to setup? I don't want to use a laptop during the server at all. I'm sorry if i'm misunderstanding.

For configuration, using a browser on a real machine will just be much easier.

That's what he means.

• Like 1

Pepa pig

Thank you. Thats what i mean like plex you go to you webbrowser and set it up right.it's quicker and less painful then the webbrowser from shield

• Like 1