Nvidia shield tv

Pepa pig

Pepa pig

Luke one question sir..I see there is a new update 3.5 for the server. How can i update the server on shield tv o where do i go thanks and regards

I haven't published it yet because the Android server is still in testing stages at this point. We will soon though. Thanks.

Pepa pig

Morning, Yesterday did some testing with a 4k file HDR. And there was some stuttering and it did not play very good, Mkv file it was, Do i have to change settings or any tips would be welcome thanks and regards 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
andrewmalpass

Hi. I picked up an Nvidia Sheild cheap in the sales recently.

My main use case is streaming my library to the TV in my bedroom (which is 1080P). Most of my media is 4K on the NAS and is direct played by my main TV.

I was trying with Plex initially but it seems to handle some movies absolutely fine and struggles with others. Does this sound like the difference between a media file that the Shield can hardware transcode and one that it can't?

What are the best media formats to store on my NAS if I decide I want to use Emby instead? Is it related to the Shield hardware? What windows program would I be best off using to permanently transcode the 4K files to so that the shield can transmit 1080p? 

I'm going to try Emby tonight and I want to know if there's any media I should expect it will struggle with so I can test that is the problem I'm seeing.

EODCrafter

My main use case is streaming my library to the TV in my bedroom (which is 1080P). Most of my media is 4K on the NAS and is direct played by my main TV.

I was trying with Plex initially but it seems to handle some movies absolutely fine and struggles with others. Does this sound like the difference between a media file that the Shield can hardware transcode and one that it can't?

What are the best media formats to store on my NAS if I decide I want to use Emby instead? Is it related to the Shield hardware? What windows program would I be best off using to permanently transcode the 4K files to so that the shield can transmit 1080p? 

I'm going to try Emby tonight and I want to know if there's any media I should expect it will struggle with so I can test that is the problem I'm seeing.

It would probably be better for you to test and report the problems you are having with your Server Logs. It would be hard to speculate what will work for you.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

KarlDag

Emby uses a much more powerful media player vs Plex, you shouldn't have any issues. Post logs if you so.

How do I get the logs to post?? Somewhere on the server?

Hi.  He gave you a link to instructions in the post above.

Thanks.

fouad1995

hi. I picked up an Nvidia Sheild reasonably-priced in the income recently.

My most important use case is streaming my library to the television in my bedroom (that is 1080P). most of my media is 4K on the NAS and is direct played by way of my predominant tv.

i was attempting with Plex first of all however it seems to deal with a few films definitely fine and struggles with others. Does this sound like the distinction among a media document that the protect can hardware transcode and one which it can't?

What are the first-class media codecs to shop on my NAS if I decide I want to apply Emby alternatively? Is it related to the shield hardware? What windows application could I be excellent off using to completely transcode the 4K files to so that the guard can transmit 1080p? 

i am going to strive Emby tonight and that i want to recognise if there may be any media I should count on it will war with so i will take a look at this is the hassle i'm seeing.

• 1 month later...
slidermike

Hate to sound stupid but how do I get the server apk onto my shield?

I have been googling but so far I just get "put the apk on the shield".

Thank you in advance.

**update**

Just found someone said to put the apk on the pc. Using a usb stick copy it over and then use the file browser on the shield to install it.

I will give that a shot.

Edited by slidermike

EODCrafter

Hate to sound stupid but how do I get the server apk onto my shield?

I have been googling but so far I just get "put the apk on the shield".

Thank you in advance.

**update**

Just found someone said to put the apk on the pc. Using a usb stick copy it over and then use the file browser on the shield to install it.

I will give that a shot.

X-Plore App works as well...Pretty handy App for running a server on Shield. It sets up a Wi-Fi Server that you can navigate with your Browser from your PC.

Edited by EODCrafter