No Content - Spinning Circle

Mopar_Mudder

Just installed on my son's phone which is also Android. It works fine on his, wish I could be of more help. His phone is new and my wife and I both have older Droid Maxx phones and neither of them work.

Please try 3.0.6 as soon as it comes to your device. Thanks.

JMLatemby

Unfortunately it's going worst: Now, with V3.0.6, the initial login screen, there where I can select the desired user to login, is also affected! Mostly, there is a completely black screen directly after launch of the app, sometimes two of the three option bars are displayed (translated from my language): "Manual access" and "Password forgotten", while the third option "Change server" is missed, as well as the user entries. With V3.0.5 this wasn't the case.

I've also noticed that when I'm on the black or incomplete emby login screen and then I do switch to another application without closing the emby app and change back to emby, then all items on the login screen are shown correctly - so it's apparently a sort of a refresh problem. Nevertheless, after successfull user login I got stuck in the well known spinning circle situation. This behaviour has been introduced in between Android client releases V2.9.92 and V2.9.94...

Best regards & thank you for the great job!

Edited by JMLatemby

graphixillusion

Tried now with chrome and the url you provided and it works great. As i said in the other post, with a newer smartphone running Android 8.1 i haven't any problem too. I found this issue with this old S3 Neo running Android 4.4.2

Edited by graphixillusion

• 2 weeks later...

As a test, are you able to connect using the chrome browser with the online web app at http://app.emby.media ?

Hi Luke,

I'm having the same issue with my 2 devices using Andoird 4.4.2 (HiMedia Q10IV and Samsung Galaxy Tab 3). Emby App version is 3.0.9, Server version is 3.5.2.0. 

All other devices (Redmi 4 with Android 6.0.1; iPad with iOS 10.1.1; Chrome, Firefox on laptop/desktop via app.emby.media) are working normally.

Emby app's homescreen is having spinning circle all the time, but I still can access the server Dashboard normally on those devices.

Probably the same problem here: Emby version 3.5.2.0 (until yesterday V3.4.1.0) on a Debian Stretch server, as a client I have a Sony Xperia X running SailfishOS providing an actually something outdated Android support (Android API level 19, Android 4.4). At Emby user Home page, the circle do rotate infinitely and no objects are being displayed at all. If I then do switch to Favorites, then these are shown correctly.

The last Emby Android client version that works for me without this kind of problem is V2.9.92. Hope that helps on analyzing the problem...

Best regards.

Where can I download that version? Thanks,

Edited by M150

JMLatemby

Hi @@Luke, great, it's working for me! Big thanks!

During a short test run I'd notice the following issues, which may or, most probably, may not be directly related to the new version:

• If I play a movie in landscape mode as intended, and then I stop playing it and, for example, if I return then to the home or favorite screen, I'm not able to switch back to portrait mode. When I play music, it works fine.
  • When I play a movie or music, slider or reverse/forward rewinding has no effect.
  • When I do pause a music track during playback, then the control objects are covered by an ellipse (see screenshot below).

5b73d1e6d1b61_Captura_20180815_0011.png

Please let me know if I have to report these issues separately.

Best regards & and thanks guys.

graphixillusion

@@JMLatemby

Nope i don't have any music to my library plus i just installed the app and see if the home window works, i didn't try anything else. Btw, now that they have fixed the bug, i suggest to wait for an update on the official playstore channel and check those things again. Another thing i've found with the previous versions (didn't try on this one yet): after a while, during the video stream, the app on the phone becomes unresponsive and completely unusable.

Edited by graphixillusion

graphixillusion

Hi there. I just want to report that with the last official version, the home problem is fixed but the interface seems broken in several places, expecially in the remote control view. I can see the same issues of @@JMLatemby (ellipse) and several buttons in the remote control are missing, like play, pause, stop. Totally broken.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Hi Luke,

In the latest version, when playing music or video, the slider/fast forward/rewind are not working. This only happens on android 4.4 devices, all others are working normally. Can you fix this please? Thanks.

5881b95c175f5_IMG_0004.png

Edited by M150