No Content - Spinning Circle

Mopar_Mudder

Mopar_Mudder

I had to replace the hard drive in my Emby Server computer, requiring a complete reinstall. No when I try and log in to Emby on my Android phone the screen comes up and all I get is a spinning circle and I never get any actual content. I can go into the menus and the server dash board through the app, just not see any actual content from my library. I have uninstall the app from my phone and reinstalled it and still the same.

Looks like your network share had a problem:

Application directory: C:\Users\brent\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.IO.IOException: An unexpected network error occurred : '\\SERVER\Movies'
  • Like 1

Mopar_Mudder

Any way to tell what that error is?

Other thing I found this morning is that on the same phone if I use Chrome I can access Emby just fine using both the In-Home and Remote address. Also this in not specific to my phone, the wife's is doing it also.

Some kind of unexpected network error. I would make sure the network share is reachable and try again.

Mopar_Mudder

I know it is reachable. I can be on another machine browsing the library at the same time my phone can't reach it. Actually I was watching a movie in Theater at the same time my phone wouldn't work. Also is that the only share that showed a problem? I have a Pictures and TV share also, none of them show on the phone.

I saw errors relating to both the Tv and Movies shares. Perhaps check windows event viewer for anything. Are these shares on the same machine as the server?

Mopar_Mudder

Shares are on an Unraid server. Would something like drives taking too long to spin up cause an error? I know sometimes when I go into the movie share with file explorer it takes a bit for the folder to open as the drives are spinning up.

Mopar_Mudder

Guess I am still not sure that would have anything to do with the Android app not showing any content. The web browser shows it just fine. I don't suppose the Android app has any sort of log saying what is going on?

Try clearing app data for the Android app and see if that makes a difference.

You may not want to do this, but it would be useful to try removing all libraries associated with the network share and then see if that has an impact.

JMLatemby

Probably the same problem here: Emby version 3.5.2.0 (until yesterday V3.4.1.0) on a Debian Stretch server, as a client I have a Sony Xperia X running SailfishOS providing an actually something outdated Android support (Android API level 19, Android 4.4). At Emby user Home page, the circle do rotate infinitely and no objects are being displayed at all. If I then do switch to Favorites, then these are shown correctly.

The last Emby Android client version that works for me without this kind of problem is V2.9.92. Hope that helps on analyzing the problem...

Best regards.

Mopar_Mudder

I can confirm the same thing. If I click on Favorites they do show up, but nothing on the home screen but a spinning circle. And in the favorites on can click on a TV show and get into all the seasons and episodes as normal.

Well at least it is not just me.

• Like 1

JMLatemby

Did you try to downgrade your Android phone emby client to V2.9.92?

Edited by JMLatemby

Mopar_Mudder

Just installed on my son's phone which is also Android. It works fine on his, wish I could be of more help. His phone is new and my wife and I both have older Droid Maxx phones and neither of them work.