New new content notifications in v3.5.0.0/v3.5.1.0

horstepipe

horstepipe

Hey @@Luke

just realized that you made changes to the new content notifications. I'm a little confused that I don't see any announcement/changelog about it, but however:

- Why did you remove the feature to customize the notification? Since the past years it was requested to extend the customization, like to add {library}, now you can't even change the notification phrase.

- Now for some (not for all whyever) movies, the plot of the movie is also part of the notification. Nice idea, but please make it optional.

- And if you're working on this part of the server anyway, it would be really nice if you could finally make the user decide about the limit of simultanious sent notifications. At the moment it is limited to 10, so when adding more than 10 movies to the database within one library scan, users are being notified only about 10 of them.

Thanks

Best regards

The only reason i made them editable way back when is because at the time we couldn't localize them. now i finally took the time to move those texts into onesky so i didn't think it had much value anymore.

But the overview is something i understand that could be an option to exclude.

horstepipe

The “has been added to library” message text is annoying too, especially when getting a bunch of those notifications via push on mobile phone.

CBers

The only reason i made them editable way back when is because at the time we couldn't localize them. now i finally took the time to move those texts into onesky so i didn't think it had much value anymore.

But the overview is something i understand that could be an option to exclude.

So how do you now differentiate between 2 separate Emby servers running on the same PC ??

We could always incorporate the friendly server name into the notification titles.

CBers

We could always incorporate the friendly server name into the notification titles.

"Make it so, Number 1" :D

• 2 weeks later...
CBers

This will be in the next beta.

Are we any closer to the next beta release please ??

He's waiting on me to help him out a bit which I will hopefully get to today.  Now, that isn't a promise that a beta is coming right after that :) just an admission of being a bottleneck right now.

CBers

He's waiting on me to help him out a bit which I will hopefully get to today.  Now, that isn't a promise that a beta is coming right after that :) just an admission of being a bottleneck right now.

:D

• 2 weeks later...
Peter Nent

I've noticed that I've lost the Dutch (Netherlands) translations within Emby E-mail notifications (which I earlier edited myselves....): most messages are in the English language again, not the Dutch language.....

How do I get Dutch (Netherlands) E-mail notifications again   :( ?

• 11 months later...
darkside40

Are there any updates on that topic?

I also realized the problem with the max 10 simultanious notifications when i add for example a whole TV Show Season.

Also bringing back the possibility to customize the new added media message would be nice.

darkside40

Especially if the New added content notifications will be editable again in the future and if the limit of 10 simultaneous messages per scan could be raised.

Also i would find it a good idea if it would be possible to add a delay between the send of new added content notifications. Because some mail providers could block the sending of mails if they come too fast in a row, also Telegram has a rate limit for Messages. 

• 2 months later...
siteripper2

Would really like to have customized notifications. And why is the "new content" notification only giving notification about few movies and not all newly added? Where is the sense in that? Right now the notification is most of the time useless because I have to manually check on the server what is newly added...

I really hope that there will be improvements :)

Edited by siteripper2

horstepipe

Would really like to have customized notifications. And why is the "new content" notification only giving notification about few movies and not all newly added? Where is the sense in that? Right now the notification is most of the time useless because I have to manually check on the server what is newly added...

I really hope that there will be improvements :)

Guess you're affected by the 10 items per notification limit. You could use the playback reporting plugin, it has a new content notification task implemented, too.

darkside40

And the new content notification report of the playback reporting plugin is really good.

I dont use the build in notification system anymore.

Only problem i have is that the timed task for it does not work, but that could ne related to the fact that my server is not running 24/7 so i start it manually when i added things to my server.

• 2 years later...
darkside40

Btw two years have passed and what i have learned is: The limit of only ten items per scan still exists.

Okay so i dont have to implement any rate limiting.