Duplicate Media Items in Koda after Server Reconfig

ulrick65
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

ulrick65

I installed new drives and moved movies around on some of my servers.  After doing so, I fixed all the libraries in Emby and when it rescanned...all is good in Emby.

However, in Kodi...not so much.  Everything is there...but there are also duplicates (that dont have any artwork, and dont play either with the "not found" type error).  I know that doing a complete reset on the Kodi database side will fix it....but given that I have nearly 17,000 items (including all my TV episodes) that is really a pain in the arse to do.  Takes a long time and then I normally have to recache all the icons for a while (scrolling through pages of items and letting the cache rebuild).

Is there any quicker way to delete these duplicates without a full database reset?

Thanks.

• Solution
Angelblue05

Embycon can support that big library? Nice.

No I am afraid not. You can run a manual sync to remove what's not there anymore. Or do a full reset. The issue here is really Kodi has no way of knowing what was removed from your server in that scenario. The server does not trigger any events, except adding the "new content" so you are stuck with old irrelevant emby items that no longer exist in the process.

• Like 1

ulrick65

I tried to do a manual refresh, that didn't remove the items. So I ended up just doing a complete database reset last night and it appears to be okay this morning. I selected the option to not reset cache and that worked perfectly...all Artwork is in tact...perfect!

I guess I didn't realize there was two different ways to connect from Kodi? I assume I am using EmbyCon I didn't know anything different?

Other than this I've never had any issues with it (and this is really a rare thing, moving this many files around)! Works perfectly for me!

Edited by ulrick65

Angelblue05

No. Embycon is the dynamic listing approach. Emby for Kodi is a syncing add-on. It downloads your content's metadata to the Kodi database. If you needed to reset, you are definitely using Emby for Kodi.

Thanks for the feedback. I will make sure to review that. Glad it's working now.

• Like 1