Emby Xbox One to Replace Xbox and WMC

harrying

harrying

I am attempting to replace XBOX 360 Extender and Media Center with XBOX One and Emby

I have two HD Homeruns as tuners attached to XFINITY cable cards

TV - Sony KDL-52XBR9

Among the problems:

1 - The Guide is clunky and requires to many clicks to start a live program

2 - Some stations Direct Stream 

3 - Some stations transcode

I can play all these stations directly to the TV via DLNA through the HD HOMERUNS with no problems (of course I can't record etc) - This bypasses Emby

And all works great with the extender and WMC - too bad Microsoft dropped support

I have been patient with Emby knowing that it is a work in progress, but although there have been great improvements - the live tv area is still not performing anywhere close to WMC 

A good first step would be for all cable tv to direct play - any thoughts on when I can expect this

• Like 1

harrying

Thanks for looking at this

15:02

TCM 480i Transcoded

CBSHD Transcoded

ABCHD Transcoded

NBCHD Transcoded

PBSHD Transcoded

CNNHD Direct Streaming

ESPNHD Direct Streaming

FoxNewsHD Direct Streaming

AMCHD Direct Streaming

TMCHD Direct Streaming

Also none of my movies will play via xBox One - They play fine in EMBY for WMC, XBoXOne Media Player

Yesterday I deleted all the movie libraries and reentered one at a time - It work for awhile after doing this - but today just a never ending circle spinning

Movies work on iPhone, Windows 10 etc

emby-Ingram.txt

harrying

Movies will not play if play is clicked from All Movie - Other categories i.e. Favorites, Continue Watching, Latest Moviess work (Direct Play)

This used to work?

Hi, this has been reported and we are looking into it. I just have not been able to reproduce the problem yet. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Just download xbox one app for Silicondust HD Homerun Prime

TV playing works great - Emby no so good - Transcoding and Direct Streaming

When will Emby work all this out?

• Like 1

Thanks for looking at this

15:02

TCM 480i Transcoded

CBSHD Transcoded

ABCHD Transcoded

NBCHD Transcoded

PBSHD Transcoded

CNNHD Direct Streaming

ESPNHD Direct Streaming

FoxNewsHD Direct Streaming

AMCHD Direct Streaming

TMCHD Direct Streaming

Also none of my movies will play via xBox One - They play fine in EMBY for WMC, XBoXOne Media Player

Yesterday I deleted all the movie libraries and reentered one at a time - It work for awhile after doing this - but today just a never ending circle spinning

Movies work on iPhone, Windows 10 etc

This makes sense to me.

Your xbox one will only output progressive video to the TV so everything coming out of it needs to be using progressive.

Anything that is mpeg2video or interlaced will get transcoded by Emby which will be the major networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, FOX).

Your other channels I bet are being sent to your Prime using H.264 codec and not mpeg2video.

TVs handle DLNA differently (one brand to another). For YOU, when you use the TV directly you bypass the xbox one of course and the TV is able to deinterlace and use mpeg2video so it doesn't have any issues.

This is the nature of the beast.