Emby app crashing

jmassaro87

jmassaro87

I’ve got a 2014 Orsay Model Samsung smart tv UN55H6350 that crashes during playback. I have changed the bandwidth rate down to 720p 1mbps and it is still happening. It is hardwired to my Google WiFi puck. We will get about 45 minutes of playback then the app crashes. I was hoping the most recent update would fix it, but it did not. Any suggestions. I will follow this post up with a log from today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmassaro87

Thanks, yes, a log would be helpful.

Here is the log. My wife started Tarzan at about 8:55 AM this morning. She said she got about halfway through it then it crashed. So about 45-ish minutes in? 

Log.txt

Edited by jmassaro87

Hi there, please try installing Emby Server 3.5.1 and let us know if this helps. Thanks !

jmassaro87

Hi there, please try installing Emby Server 3.5.1 and let us know if this helps. Thanks !

Hi Luke, According to my server dashboard I am already running 3.5.1. 

edit: looking at logs, it looks like it updated last night. I will give it another shot and report back.

Edited by jmassaro87

jmassaro87

Still crashing. here is current log. Started move about 8:55AM, wife said crashed 24 minutes in.

Log (1).txt

jmassaro87

What does crashing mean?

The app closes. Emby then needs to be reopened on the tv, you resume the movie, then some unknown amount of time later the app closes again. It has been doing this for months. TV firmware is up to date, app is up to date. When originally report months ago, we tried reducing the network speed, which I still have set for 720p (1mbps) even though the TV is hardwired to my network, and have a 150Mbps internet connection (which obviously has no effect on local resources) and the answer at that time was wait for the next update.

Edited by jmassaro87

Ok, we have an app update that was just approved. Let's re-evaluate this as soon as it launches, probably next week.

@@FrostByte are you able to reproduce?

Thanks.

• Like 1

jmassaro87

Ok, we have an app update that was just approved. Let's re-evaluate this as soon as it launches, probably next week.

@@FrostByte are you able to reproduce?

Thanks.

Thanks Luke.

FrostByte

Unfortunately, I won't be able to test this out on Orsay until probably 1 Aug.  

@jmassaro87 is it crashing while playing all movies? 

I see v118 should be available soon, I'll update that when I get home and try it then.

jmassaro87

Unfortunately, I won't be able to test this out on Orsay until probably 1 Aug.

@jmassaro87 is it crashing while playing all movies?

I see v118 should be available soon, I'll update that when I get home and try it then.

Every movie I have tried over the last 8 months has crashed. It also does it watching tv series as well, it’ll play one full episode and usually crashes when starting the next episode. Sometimes it will go two episodes before it crashes.

• Like 1

FrostByte

I haven't been able to reproduce this error yet.  I even watched the extended version of Fellowship of the Ring start to finish with no rebooting.

App v118

Server 3.5.1

jmassaro87

I haven't been able to reproduce this error yet. I even watched the extended version of Fellowship of the Ring start to finish with no rebooting.

App v118

Server 3.5.1

I just bought a roku express. Works fine

FrostByte

Could you post the mediainfo for a movie which crashes?  Just want to make sure there isn't something different with your files that I need to test.

Edit: I'll try to binge watch some episodes today.

Edited by FrostByte

jmassaro87

Could you post the mediainfo for a movie which crashes? Just want to make sure there isn't something different with your files that I need to test.

Edit: I'll try to binge watch some episodes today.

Here is the movie that crashed when first reported. It happens regardless of the movie I play. post-92335-15332360472693_thumb.png

• Like 1

jmassaro87

Is the TV firmware up to date?

I will check it when I get home. But fairly certain it is up to date

AgileHumor

Samsung App has been crashing for me for months too. Same thing, it works for a few minutes.

DLNA (Emby Server Push) with Samsung even worse. Just doesnt work on older Samsungs (D or E).

I'm super glad you reported it and working through issues.

FrostByte

Those are two different apps, according to the logs the OP was using ET version 117 which isn't available for your TV.  I'll reload the old app and see if I can reproduce crashing with that

I've also seen on my Orsay TV that DLNA no longer works.  DLNA works fine on my Tizen though

• 2 weeks later...

I also have an H series crashing problem as well with a UN75H6350.  The crashing has been occurring for probably close to a year.  For me, the Emby app crashes (app just disappears) usually when starting or resuming after pausing, it rarely crashes while playing.

It seems like it crashes when the bottom menu appears showing the pause, play, rewind, and fast forward buttons.  The reason I say this is because a TV show or movie will start to play once you click play on the remote and then for a fraction of a second you see that bottom menu bar start to appear before the crash.

The TV is running the latest firmware.

I also have a UN43J5200 series running Osray which doesn't experience this issue.

• Like 1

FrostByte

I also have an H series crashing problem as well with a UN75H6350.  The crashing has been occurring for probably close to a year.  For me, the Emby app crashes (app just disappears) usually when starting or resuming after pausing, it rarely crashes while playing.

It seems like it crashes when the bottom menu appears showing the pause, play, rewind, and fast forward buttons.  The reason I say this is because a TV show or movie will start to play once you click play on the remote and then for a fraction of a second you see that bottom menu bar start to appear before the crash.

The TV is running the latest firmware.

I also have a UN43J5200 series running Osray which doesn't experience this issue.

Thanks, I'll try to see if I can make it crash using this.

I wonder if it's an issue with entry level H models then.  Seems like they're the ones that are crashing.

• 1 month later...
Tuffnutz

I also had this problem which i reported here years ago which is why i switched to plex though i would give it ago today and bam same sh*t tv is a ua55H6300 i feel like its related to the image poster download for example if i go into a movie and the image hasnt been cached it crashes but then sometimes when it has been cached it works fine

FrostByte

I also had this problem which i reported here years ago which is why i switched to plex though i would give it ago today and bam same sh*t tv is a ua55H6300 i feel like its related to the image poster download for example if i go into a movie and the image hasnt been cached it crashes but then sometimes when it has been cached it works fine

Which app are you referring to?  The official app from the Samsung store, or the one from IP?  This thread has gone into 2 different directions.  Thanks