Issue: Emby Server: Scan Media Library Scan Failed

appoli
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

appoli

Hi All,

I have a docker implementation of Emby server (running my FreeNAS) which has been running fine for the most part until all of a sudden I started getting errors for a "Media Library Scan Failed" (I have most of my libraries set for auto manage & a library scan task that repeats every 12 hours - Seems as though when 1 scan fails it keeps trying to do new scans so I'm getting a lot of error messages).

I was running Emby Server 3.5.0.0, but I saw that some people had luck with a fresh install so I re-installing the container, which is now running 3.5.1.0, but I'm still getting constant alerts about a failed scan.
Even if I turn the task off it keeps scanning, same error posted below. No real changes made to it recently.

host machine is running FreeNAS 11.1-U5 (xeon e3-1245 v6, 64gb pc2133 etc ram, media & config folders are mounted to container using NFS v3, not sure what RancherOS version it is but it's whatever is on FreeNAS 11.1-u5, let me know if any other info is necessary).

When the full library scan runs, either automatically or when I manually initiate it, it seems to pretty much get to 99%, it seems like it finishes just fine, but I get the following error message:
note - I tried doing a scan of the movie library and that seemed to complete without any errors. I mention scanning the movie folder since that seems to be the folder where it's tripping up? I'm not sure - either way it says it's some sqlite issue:

Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.[/size]
   at SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException.CheckOk(sqlite3 db, Int32 rc)
   at SQLitePCL.pretty.StatementImpl.MoveNext()
   at SQLitePCL.pretty.DatabaseConnection.ExecuteAll(IDatabaseConnection This, String sql)
   at SQLitePCL.pretty.DatabaseConnection.<>c__DisplayClass20_0.<RunInTransaction>b__0(IDatabaseConnection db)
   at SQLitePCL.pretty.DatabaseConnection.RunInTransaction[T](IDatabaseConnection This, Func`2 f, TransactionMode mode)
   at SQLitePCL.pretty.DatabaseConnection.RunInTransaction(IDatabaseConnection This, Action`1 action, TransactionMode mode)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.UpdateInheritedTags(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.UpdateInheritedValues(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.RunPostScanTasks(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.PerformLibraryValidation(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.ValidateMediaLibraryInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

I've also attached the log file below. Any & ALL help would be greatly appreciated. These constant alerts are really annoying - I'll have to turn pushbullet off for now
thanks!

emby server log.txt

Edited by appoli

• Solution

Hi, the server's library database has become corrupted. you'll need to shutdown the server, and then delete this file:

/config/data/library.db

Then start back up and run a library scan. The most common cause of this is a sudden and abrupt termination of the server process, e.g. power loss, forcefully killing it, etc. You'll want to try to avoid doing that. Thanks.

• Like 1

appoli

ahh thanks! that seems to have done the trick.

that's strange, however... nothing like that has happened in the last 12 hours. At least that I'm aware of... oh well, it was probably time to cycle the library file anyhow.

Much appreciated!