Backup & Restore Plugin - Restore Fails with "Invalid Date"

_JamBay_

_JamBay_

Trying to migrate from a CentOS 7 to Ubuntu 18.04.  Both running Emby server 3.5.0.0 and Backup & Restore plugin 1.2.2.0.  Backup worked.  Restore on Ubuntu is just spinning a loader and never loads the form where you choose what to restore.  Error on page says "Invalid Date".  Below is a section of the log that is relevant.  

Can I make this work somehow?

2018-07-24 07:58:00.400 Info HttpServer: HTTP POST http://192.168.0.33:8096/emby/MBBackup/Profiles/Restore. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_14) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/12.0 Safari/605.1.15

2018-07-24 07:58:00.446 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 3.5.0.0
    Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
    Operating system: Unix 4.15.0.29
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    User Interactive: True
    Processor count: 2
    Program data path: /var/lib/emby
    Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
     at MBBackup.ServerEntryPoint.ExecuteRestore(BackupInfo settings, CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress, Boolean isAuto)
    System.NullReferenceException
     at MBBackup.ServerEntryPoint.ExecuteRestore(BackupInfo settings, CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress, Boolean isAuto)

2018-07-24 07:58:00.446 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 500 to 192.168.0.49. Time: 46ms. http://192.168.0.33:8096/emby/MBBackup/Profiles/Restore

mastrmind11

attach full log.  also, what is 192.168.0.49?  HTTP 500 is never a good sign.

_JamBay_

I will get more logs shortly.  I was also incorrect when I said migrate from CentOS.  This is a migration from Ubuntu 14 to Ubuntu 18.  On the 14 server, both the backup and restore functions worked.  On the Ubuntu 18 server, I get the error when attempting to restore one of the previous snapshots, as well as if I make a backup on the new server and try to restore it.

_JamBay_

Ok.  So I went in to attempt a restore again in order to populate the logs and this time it worked with no error.  Nothing has been changed since last night.  Did it just have to pass a certain time period to be a valid backup?

Hi, no, it should have been fine. I will do some testing and see if i can reproduce this. Thanks.

We're looking into it. I can see how it could be a problem. We'll have an update to the plugin in the next day or so. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Digging this up to give the heads up that I just had a "Backup & Restore" fail on me while using Microsoft Edge but it worked in Internet Explorer.

(using v1.2.9.0)

proof: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/63015-backup-restore-not-picking-up-my-backup-after-i-nuked-emby-server-started-fresh-43-beta/

Edited by djhifi

• 5 months later...
tdiguy

Sorry i know this is an old thread, i just updated my server with a SSD that i found so i had to set up emby all over. I found when accessing emby via IP address i got errors saying invalid date. However when i used http://app.emby.media in a different tab ( same browser: chrome ) it was able to restore without issue.