Collections and Genres in Search results

embyuser24

embyuser24

Hi,

It would be helpful if you add collections to search results. If you have a few hundred collections, it become a chore to find what you are looking for by sorting through them manually. The same argument could be made for Genres, specially with genre cleaner plugin and Emby's ability to handle custom genres.

Optional: If polluting the results is an issue then perhaps a search syntax could be added that you can type in the search box to make the results more specific. example;

• collections: search-query (only returns the results from collection)
  • genres: search-query (only returns the results from genres)
  • custom-media-library: search-query (only return the results from that specific library)

Thanks,

• Like 15

Hi, yes I think adding collections and genres to search results makes sense. thanks !

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
oneduality
On 3/12/2020 at 9:26 PM, Luke said:

Collections are in the 4.3 release. Tags will be in the upcoming 4.4 release.

We're up to 4.4.3.0 .. I see tags are there, but it would be a huge pain to go tag every media file.. doable.. but quite a pain.. is there any possibility of auto tagging with genre? I know Genre isn't included in the search yet.. maybe that would be a workaround? I didn't even notice tags were there until I saw this post and went looking for them.. I just know I have 10s of thousands of media files, audio, video.. etc.. it would be way too much to manually tag.. 

Ultimately the better option would be to be able to search for horror ..  I know I can 'filter' by genre when I'm in a playlist or collection, but honestly that doesn't help all that much.. it helps.. 

Some things that would be good.. 

1. Checkboxes for genres to include in search results
2. An option to list ALL media and filter by genre? .. as a workaround
3. Auto tag the genre, again.. as a workaround.. 

Something I love about Amazon and Netflix and basically every streaming service that exists is the ability to select a genre .. I know it's in the metadata so it should be doable.. 

Maybe there's just something I'm missing that is already there?

• Like 1

1. Checkboxes for genres to include in search results

This will be coming. Thanks for the feedback !

Something I love about Amazon and Netflix and basically every streaming service that exists is the ability to select a genre .. I know it's in the metadata so it should be doable.. 

We have this as well. In your movies library select the Genres tab, then click the Genre you want.

• 5 months later...