Live TV pausing/buffering

bmoses

bmoses

My parents watch emby on a roku streaming stick (the middle version) and they are having random issues with live tv pausing and buffering. the tuner is the hdhomerun connect quatro and is setup using emby tv. my internet upload connection is 20 meg and their download is 25 meg. in the emby app settings on the roku i enabled a max bitrate of 6mbps so bandwidth shouldn't be an issue. my dad was watching channels 8 and 13 tonight and it was doing it on both of them. I had him run the speedtest app in netflix on the roku and it showed a download test of 26.6mbps. attached are all of the transcode logs from tonight while he was trying to watch. Can someone take a look and see if they can see any issues on whats causing this?

I will say that it is random. he watched TV the other night and it played with no issues. also watched a movie (not live tv) all the way through with no buffering/pausing. its just live TV that seems to be the issue and is hit or miss.

i can't attach the emby server log since its over 3 gig O_O

ffmpeg-transcode-f1fbbd89-e717-4631-a5f4-e82ce256795a.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-ca52f402-e96d-4182-a040-5bd1714a8d1b.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-0d36d18b-3c41-4cbf-860f-3486893a3f75.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-3d917bf7-4924-405e-b1ef-7f612ea08dfa.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-56a440b3-f5ca-44a5-81c9-7f1a2605134d.txt

Hi, we're going to be issuing a 3.5.1 server release. Please let us know if that helps with this. Thanks !

bmoses

Hi, we're going to be issuing a 3.5.1 server release. Please let us know if that helps with this. Thanks !

awesome, thanks! i updated to the new version this morning and am having them re-test and will report back the results.