Gapless Flac

jamvids

jamvids

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick one, I have had a look in the forums but can't find what i'm looking for. Is anyone using gapless flac and how do you do it. At the moment I convert CDs into separate tracks, but I have quite a few that would be better as a whole disk. Has anyone had any success doing this?

Cheers 

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
ryandavidg

As an interim measure, for some continuous/mix cds I just rip them using EAC to a single file (Action -> Copy Image and Create Cue Sheet). This WAV file can then be compressed to FLAC if required. The cue sheet is there if you ever want the per-track info, and in future if Emby supports gapless playback of tracks you can just split the single track to individual tracks using the cue sheet and an application like "mp3splt-gtk" which I have used for this purpose before - or a number of other options like Foobar etc.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I tried to put CDImage.ape and CDImage.cue under the same directory. The sever can only recognize CDImage.ape as a single track. I cannot use cue sheet to show the separated tracks.

Gapless audio playback is now in the mobile android and iOS apps:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/66589-gapless-audio-testing

And it will come to more apps over time. Thanks !

• 4 years later...

We have implemented gapless support in some of our apps, but we don't support cue sheets at this time.