Channel Number - IPTV-EPG.COM

mlcarson

mlcarson

Allow for the use of the use of the tvg-chno tag in the M3u file rather than just channel-id for channel numbering. 

The iptv-epg.com service which provides EPG guide service as well as M3U editing uses tvg-chno and not channel-id for their channel ordering/numbering.   Granted, it's not that big of deal to point Emby at a modified copy of the M3u file with tvg-chno renamed to channel-id via search/replace but this would even eliminate that requirement.   Maybe make the tag used for channel number selectable. 

Hi, yes, never heard of that one before but we can certainly start looking for it. Thanks !

• 5 weeks later...
syralk

Hi, yes, never heard of that one before but we can certainly start looking for it. Thanks !

Tvg-chno tag is currently use by tvmosaic and work great, just wondering if this feature will be added [emoji4] or if it's already on the beta version?

Thanks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
Hopstimop

Just wanted to tune in to mention that iptv-epg.com has added the channel-id tag for Emby users weeks (months?) ago, but it is nice to see that the Emby devs are willing to make changes opposite to others like Plex.

Fan fuct: tvg-chno was "invented" by the dev of PVR Simple Client developer for KODI.

intellium

As far as I know, TVHeadEnd uses tvg-chno tags for the channel numbers in it's M3U output. I currently use a script to parse that output and rename it to channel-id for use in Emby. Having Emby pick up the tvg-chno tag would be nice, though I think it should be included in a more substantial update allowing the user to do all kind of things with their M3U sources. Some form of mapping tags to other tags or certain meta data comes to mind...