Ordering Collections in Chocolate

WhackOBill
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

WhackOBill

Is there a way to order the collections displayed in MB Classic's Chocolate interface?  

They appear in a different order on the main HTPC than they do on my Echo extender.  I don't know how that was done or where to set the order.  It seems to be alphabetic on the HTPC but not on the extender where TV shows up first.

I've looked in the XML config files but nothing stands out.

This isn't theme specific.  The order is determined by the attributes of the items as defined on the server.  In normal situations, that means the "Sort Title" of the Media Folder.

But, it sounds like maybe you have set the sort order of your top level folder to something other than name.  Turn off the EHS on the extender then go into the sort options at the top level and ensure it is set to "Name".

WhackOBill

Turn off the EHS on the extender then go into the sort options at the top level and ensure it is set to "Name".

The thing is, I like the order on the Extender and want to change the order on the HTPC to match.  I'll take a look when I get home.  Thanks.

• Solution

The thing is, I like the order on the Extender and want to change the order on the HTPC to match.  I'll take a look when I get home.  Thanks.

Then go into the web editor and change the sort titles for your media folders such that they will show in the order you wish.

WhackOBill

That worked perfectly. To be honest though, I didn't even realize that was a menu item up there.