Subtitles not showing (sometimes)

invertedknife

invertedknife

I have found that when i play certain files using the web app, i don't get subtitles, even if they are turned on. i can get them sometimes if i toggle them and restart the playback and do some other voodoo but even that doesn't work reliably. i *think* the problem is only with external subtitles. subtitles are .srt files. they show up reliability if i am using chromecast. 

also have the same problem on my samsung smart tv. 

Edited by invertedknife

What about the other requested information that it mentions? That will be very helpful. Thanks !

It doesn't look like you ever enabled subtitles. Can you try turning them on by clicking the CC icon in the video player? Thanks.

Yeah I did. toggling doesn't do anything. logs attached. toggled a bunch of times. 

Please accompany this with the corresponding server log. thanks.

invertedknife

Another set of logs, here i was playing on my sansung MU7000 and the subtitles show up suddenly when i did a rewind. 

server logs

invertedknife

But that's a different playback session you say, right?

it should have the other session in it too. but the last one is from streaming it to the tv where the subtitles suddenly showed up when i rewinded. i have all subtitles appear by default so maybe the issue is there? 

attached is another log file (see the end)n. in this case the subtitles were not appearing but showed up again when i stopped playing and started again. 

New Text Document.txt

Edited by invertedknife

• 2 weeks later...
invertedknife

@@invertedknife, for me these subtitles all worked on the first try using Chrome 69.

do you have it setup such that emby always enables subtitles by default? for me i have ti that way, maybe that's the issue

No, do you see any errors in the browser debug console? As i said those test subs worked for me right on the first try. Thanks.