CoverArt "Cover By Definition Instead of Type" function not working

Deathsquirrel
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Deathsquirrel

Server 3.5.0.0, CoverArt 4.0.79 on a Windows server.  I've got the cover by definition function enabled so my SD/HD content should have cover treatments based on media resolution.  This did work in the past but some time in the last week everything switched to showing codecs.  If all CoverArt is going to do is inflict codec tags on my movie posters I'd uninstall it permanently.  I just want an overlay to label what's SD and what's HD.

Is this broken right now for others or is this just an issue in my install?

I've removed CoverArt, run a library scan, reinstalled it, and run a library scan.  It rebuilt the wrong covers again.

• Solution

You'll need to refresh metadata on existing videos due to database changes. Thanks.

• Like 2

Brendon

You'll need to refresh metadata on existing videos due to database changes. Thanks.

and where does one do that on 4000 videos that works? metadata manager sure isn't doing it and i really do not have the time to correct that individually. 3.5 is an absolute nightmare for me, there needs to be a roll back option on these updates.

I apologize but it was a calculated decision. If we forced metadata refreshes upon every single user then we'd be getting hit hard with complaints over the library scan. This only affects one little thing and that is the image effect by cover art, and that is why we did what we did. I apologize that it has affected you. If you are having any other issues with the release I am happy to help. Thanks.

Brendon

I apologize but it was a calculated decision. If we forced metadata refreshes upon every single user then we'd be getting hit hard with complaints over the library scan. This only affects one little thing and that is the image effect by cover art, and that is why we did what we did. I apologize that it has affected you. If you are having any other issues with the release I am happy to help. Thanks.

Thanks Luke, i have many other issues with 3,5 but i will post in another thread after work with logs