ms78mama

ms78mama

I am using multiple subtitles for each of my movies for example

c:\Avengers\ Avengers.mkv

avengers.english.srt

avengers.spanish.srt

avengers.french.srt

avengers.greek.srt

I have setup default subs for user in user's settings the preffered subtitle as per above example. Now my problem is that always it picks the English subs as default, any idea?

ms78mama

Hello Luke, yeah i have tried default and always play subtitles but no difference. Do i need to restart the server everytime i do a change?

What do you mean "tried default"? That doesn't suggest that you've checked out the emby user subtitle preferences.

ms78mama

Under user subtitle settings i have the following

Preffered subtitle language = Greek

Subtitle mode = Always play subtitles

do the subtitles show up in the web interface? and does the web interface indicate they are greek?

ms78mama

From the web browser when i play a movie i can see under CC all subs correctly but always the selected one is English.

I dont know if this is related but when i right click on the movie and i open Edit subtitles, i can see all subtitles there but at the bottom where it is says search for subtitles the Language is English

Can you show a screenshot of the media info from the web app detail screen? thanks.

ms78mama

The default there was english and i changed it. It always picks English

Edited by ms78mama

Angelblue05

Subtitles are not setup to follow your webclient subtitles settings. It is something I am working on at this time, so that it will behave the same way as other emby apps.

ms78mama

ok is there a way to set Kodi to always use the preferred Subs i want regardless the web settings?

Angelblue05

What are your "preferred" subtitles? Why can't I follow the webclient settings? Should it not already have the behavior you want?

ms78mama

If i understood correctly above you are saying that the web client user's settings for subtitles are not reflected to Kodi right? I am asking if there is another way to set default subs for a user from Kodi for emby for kodi. When a client plays a movie in emby for kodi the default subtitle to be i.e greek, or spanish etc 

Edited by ms78mama

Angelblue05

Yes that is correct. And yes, in the Kodi settings > player > Language. But I'm not sure if it does work with http streams. It should work with direct playing content (either native mode, or add-on playback with force http playback disabled)

Edited by Angelblue05