New FreeNAS Package for testing

Luke

I've reposted the latest Emby Server stable and beta packages. These have now been recompiled against latest quarterly FreeBSD releases. Thanks.

• Like 1

makarai

I've reposted the latest Emby Server beta package. This has now been recompiled against latest quarterly FreeBSD releases. Thanks.

Tried it out just now works perfectly.

Barlog9511

@@Luke @makarai

I try to update Emby to v3.6.0.57 on my FreeNAS v11.2-RC1 and everything works well ( update and overall experience )

But I have two problems,

- automatic download of background images still not working

- If I try to download then manually Its possible download only one image

Edited by Barlog9511

@@Luke @makarai

I try to update Emby to v3.6.0.57 on my FreeNAS v11.2-RC1 and everything works well ( update and overall experience )

But I have two problems,

- automatic download of background images still not working

- If I try to download then manually Its possible download only one image

How to report a problem. Thanks.

Nemesis888

Hi follow the instructions to install emby in a iocage, and all work fine except the metadata, is not workin and dont show anithing, and cant play videos from the web manager page, only can play in emby app, sorry my bad english

stuartsjg

Hello,

I wanted to upgrade to a new fresh emby install via this method.   I upgraded my FreeNas 11.1 to 11.2RC1 Stable (17th Oct) as the UI which was in 11.1 did not have a functional shell.

My old Emby 3.3.1.0 came over and is loading OK, so im still online which is good.

After freenas booted into 11.2 and i checked all my drives etc were there OK, i started with the following steps:

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MediaBrowser/iocage-amd64/master/emby-server.json

5bd4e26472f6e_step1.jpg

(not sure about the 174MB/s, my connection is 5MB/s)

iocage fetch -P --name emby-server.json ip4_addr="em0|192.168.1.205/24" defaultrouter="192.168.1.254" vnet="on" allow_raw_sockets="1" boot="on"

5bd4e2ceed17f_step2.jpg

I cannot find anything which is telling me what "ValueError: not enough values to unpack (expected 2, got 1)" actually means in regards to Emby.

Perhaps somebody can advise what this may mean, and what i need to do to fix it?   I am not getting anything on the IP i setup and there are no jails, just "No Data to Display" so i assume the process has failed?

Although, if there are no jails showing, then i don't know where my old emby is installed (it was a plugin install when i had freenas 9.2, which was only upgraded to 11.1 in Aug).

I do see emby showing up in the "Available Plugins" list at 3.5.2.0 so perhaps this is the best way or easiest way to install?

Confused.

makarai

@@Luke @@stuartsjg

its because the starting jail command is not correct, and propper networking cannot be acchievend, vnet=on needs to be on a vnet interface  

iocage fetch -P --name emby-server.json ip4_addr="em0|192.168.1.205/24" defaultrouter="192.168.1.254" vnet="on" allow_raw_sockets="1" boot="on"

if you give me the printout of 

ifconfig

i can give you the propper starting command. If i would have to guess, it would be this  :D

iocage fetch -P --name emby-server.json ip4_addr="vnet0|192.168.1.205/24" defaultrouter="192.168.1.1" vnet="on" allow_raw_sockets="1" boot="on"

Alternatively you can watch the video.

Also @@Luke what about 58 for freebsd :D

Edited by makarai
  • Like 1

stuartsjg

Hello,

For now i have setup via the FreeNas plugin install method, nothing committed, just wanted to see what the newer version was like.

ill look over the video again, must have missed something.

5bd621c72f7da_ifconfig1.jpg

5bd621d690ae2_ifconfig2.jpg

5bd6224812c3e_ifconfig3.jpg

5bd6225526310_ifconfig4.jpg

makarai

I propose the follwoing things you could try:

• A: Install any of the other plugins that are in the plugins libary. ( maybe redmine, you can delete it afterwards again) Post your ifconfig again, maybe copy and paste the text instead of screenshots if you can.
  • or B: install just a freebsd jail and post ifconfig
  • or C: maybe try automatic networking with the jail config: i.e. 
    iocage fetch -P dhcp=on vnet=on bpf=yes -n emby-server-beta.json --branch 'master' 

It seems to me that your vnet interface is not created.

Edited by makarai

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

This will work, if some people have issues with an error message such as libx264 is already installed do it in the following order

from within the emby-server-beta jail you get there via

iocage console emby-server-beta

type

pkg remove libx264
fetch https://mirrors.xtom.com/freebsd-pkg/FreeBSD%3A11%3Aamd64/quarterly/All/libx264-0.152.2854.txz
pkg add libx264-0.152.2854.txz

and while you are add it update to the newest beta it works flawelessly

service emby-server stop
pkg add -f https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/3.6.0.55/emby-server-freebsd_3.6.0.55_amd64.txz
service emby-server start

Thanks constrict

Beta 3.6.0.55 has dissapeared:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/tag/3.6.0.55

Which version should we use, instead?

Thanks

If you're running beta, the newest one.

Thanks. At last I could make Emby work!

Please, AFIK, XigmaNAS (NAS4Free) does not consider quarterly jails, but it uses plain jails, which seems to be with the latest packages.

To avoid problems with half the users, specially the ones using the latest BETAs, I would consider to include in Emby package these key libraries which can make Emby work or not, or at least, be compatible backwards with some versions (from quarter to quarter) and give a message during the installation to update or downgrade to avoid further problems.

We are including libx264 inside the package now, but including more of them increases complexity significantly. It's possible for the future though.

• Like 1

Hi Team,

I installed the server like this. 

## Emby

echo '{"pkgs":["mono","libass","fontconfig","freetype2","fribidi","gnutls","iconv","opus","samba48","sqlite3","libtheora","libva","libvorbis","webp","libx264","libzvbi","ca_root_nss"]}' > /tmp/pkg.json
	iocage create -n "emby" -p /tmp/pkg.json -r 11.2-RELEASE ip4_addr="vnet0|192.168.2.245/24" defaultrouter="192.168.2.254" vnet="on" allow_raw_sockets="1" boot="on"
	rm /tmp/pkg.json

Do i have to do the above still or are they included in the emby package now.

## Mounts & directories
	iocage fstab -a emby /mnt/tank/apps/emby /config nullfs rw 0 0
	iocage fstab -a emby /mnt/tank/media /mnt/media nullfs rw 0 0

## Config

iocage exec emby pkg add -f https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/3.5.3.0/emby-server-freebsd_3.5.3.0_amd64.txz
	iocage exec emby sysrc emby_server_enable="YES"
	iocage exec emby sysrc emby_server_data_dir="/config"
	iocage exec emby chown -R emby:emby /config
	iocage exec emby service emby-server start

## Media Permissions

iocage exec emby 'pw useradd -n media -u 8675309'
	iocage exec emby 'mkdir -p /config/emby-server /config/media-metadata'
	iocage exec emby chmod 555 /usr/local/etc/rc.d/emby-server
	iocage exec emby sysrc 'emby_server_enable=YES'
	iocage exec emby sysrc 'emby_server_user=media' 
	iocage exec emby sysrc 'emby_server_group=media'
	iocage exec emby sysrc 'emby_server_data_dir=/config/emby-server'

## Emby updates

iocage exec emby service emby-server stop
	iocage exec emby pkg add -f https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/X.X.X.X/emby-server-freebsd_X.X.X.X_amd64.txz

If there is a bit cleaner way like maybe i dont need all the packages in the first line if they are included in the emby package now but not sure.

Thanks.

Hi, as far as the actual installation goes, i would just follow the instructions in the first post. Thanks !

Hi,

Thanks for the fast response. I need to do it the above way as i like to have the config files for emby in a different location as whene uoi do an iocage destroy emby it will delete the config and would need to start from scratch everytime. This way i can destroy the iocage and reinstall and the config is still intact. In regards to the json package i noticed all the packages i am installing are the same as your json. This way it work i have found it works great. I am uising the stable version. Is there a benifit to move to the latest BETA.

Thanks.

makarai

Hi,

Thanks for the fast response. I need to do it the above way as i like to have the config files for emby in a different location as whene uoi do an iocage destroy emby it will delete the config and would need to start from scratch everytime. This way i can destroy the iocage and reinstall and the config is still intact. In regards to the json package i noticed all the packages i am installing are the same as your json. This way it work i have found it works great. I am uising the stable version. Is there a benifit to move to the latest BETA.

Thanks.

Yeah your methods works, however is it not much easier to just mount a dataset to where the config goes, like all the other people do it ? I personally just copy my config folder over.

Maybe. I alredy have a data set name Tank and have a folder called apps. In there i have all the config files of all my iocage setups. This is why i use the mount command and poitn to the the required app and mount it as config. Aslo the 2 lines i added to tell emby to use the config directory and metadata direcory also.

iocage exec emby 'mkdir -p /config/emby-server /config/media-metadata' (Creates the directory if not already created)

iocage exec emby sysrc 'emby_server_data_dir=/config/emby-server' (Tells emby to use the required directory)

Maybe this can help other having issues installing this works for me.

Thanks to everyone.

Different issue i am having.

Updated Emby for kodi to the beta and i am still have sync issues. It is not synching automatically new files as it did before i used the emby version. If i update to the latest emby beta on freenas will this resolve the issue.

Thanks

makarai

In the beta the DB part of emby changed, and the way meta data is saved, if I remember correctly. So if you go for the beta run a second installation and copy your config over.

Edited by makarai

I have updated the emby-server on freenas to the latest beta, and also updated the emby plugin kodi to the beta. I re scanned the database with kodi all shows and movies are available. But when i new show is added the sync does not happen to update those shows until i go an tell the emby plugin to update. Not sure why this does not work anymore as it did before.

Thanks.