New FreeNAS Package for testing

Luke

Jrod696

I just did the install on FreeNas 11.1 U5 and have some notes to share for those that maybe hit some roadblocks.

• If you want to get to the new gui in FreeNAS just add /UI to the end of your Dashboard URL ex. http://FreeNASServer/UI
  • I highly recommend running all commands in Putty, that way there is no bouncing back and forth between old and new gui, plus the shell is broken on the new GUI of FreeNAS right now
  • jls and jexec commands are your friends
  • Currently the adding storage function does not work in the new gui on 11.1 U5, the shell command below can be used to add storage to the iocage jail

iocage fstab -a emby-server "/mnt/Storage/D1/Videos  /Videos  nullfs  rw  0  0"   you can change rw to ro if you want read only.

• The Restart button in the emby dashboard does not work, to restart the server your better off running the command below INSIDE the jail using putty

service emby-server restart

Edited by Jrod696

• If you want to get to the new gui just add /UI to the end of your Dashboard URL

Hi, what do you mean by this? We don't have any urls that end in /UI. Thanks.

Jrod696

Hi, what do you mean by this? We don't have any urls that end in /UI. Thanks.

In reference to the New FreeNAS GUI, you reference new web UI that FreeNAS occasionally prompts you about, to get to that without trying to find the prompt you just add /UI Ex. http://FreeNASServer/UI

steve101

when i go to use the new ui with 11.1 u5 i get a error and cant use the shell im a newb to freenas so just trying to work things out any help would be appreciated 

Error 201:[ENOMETHOD] Method "summary" not found in "network.general"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 899, in _method_lookup
    serviceobj = self.get_service(service)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 823, in get_service
    return self.__services[name]
KeyError: 'network.general'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 150, in call_method
    result = await self.middleware.call_method(self, message)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/coroutines.py", line 109, in __next__
    return self.gen.send(None)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 908, in call_method
    serviceobj, methodobj = self._method_lookup(message['method'])
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 902, in _method_lookup
    raise CallError(f'Method "{method_name}" not found in "{service}"', CallError.ENOMETHOD)
middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [ENOMETHOD] Method "summary" not found in "network.general"

Jrod696

when i go to use the new ui with 11.1 u5 i get a error and cant use the shell im a newb to freenas so just trying to work things out any help would be appreciated 

Error 201:[ENOMETHOD] Method "summary" not found in "network.general"
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 899, in _method_lookup................................

The shell is broken in this release everything has to be done through ssh using putty

makarai

I just did the install on FreeNas 11.1 U5 and have some notes to share for those that maybe hit some roadblocks.

• If you want to get to the new gui in FreeNAS just add /UI to the end of your Dashboard URL ex. http://FreeNASServer/UI
  • I highly recommend running all commands in Putty, that way there is no bouncing back and forth between old and new gui, plus the shell is broken on the new GUI of FreeNAS right now
  • jls and jexec commands are your friends
  • Currently the adding storage function does not work in the new gui on 11.1 U5, the shell command below can be used to add storage to the iocage jail
iocage fstab -a emby-server "/mnt/Storage/D1/Videos /Videos nullfs rw 0 0" you can change rw to ro if you want read only.
  • The Restart button in the emby dashboard does not work, to restart the server your better off running the command below INSIDE the jail using putty
service emby-server restart

Jrod696

I can only recommend to update to the beta 2 of freenas which will turn in the stable release fairly soon.

Although everything works for the most part I do agree with this, My instructions will help get an install done and working on 11.1 U5 but if you can wait for 11.2 I would also recommend it. I actually have concerns how its going to behave when the upgrade to 11.2 happens.

makarai

Anecdotal: If you come from the old warden system, the upgrade won't work, the warden to iocage script won't work. If you created an iocage emby, based on your own instruction or instructions you found here or on the freenas forum an update won't work either. Create a backup now create a new jail and import. I have pretty much tried all the upgrades and downgrades ever posted on all the forums. And most of them didn't work.

Mostly this is my own fault because I slight changed the install instructions or so. The only issue I had with the emby side is the lost database of the recognized devices, which means you have to login again, this happens when you move from installation to installation. Except of course Android or Apple devices, they have to completely Uninstall the app reboot the device and reinstall it.

Edited by makarai

Jrod696

I did create the iocage using the initial instructions found in this thread, my notes were just to make it work past that point.

I think I am going to let it ride for now since its working and when it comes time to upgrade FreeNAS to 11.2 I will probably just start over and do a clean install. I have premiere :D so I can backup my settings so its not as terrible to start over.

makarai

I did create the iocage using the initial instructions found in this thread, my notes were just to make it work past that point.

I think I am going to let it ride for now since its working and when it comes time to upgrade FreeNAS to 11.2 I will probably just start over and do a clean install. I have premiere :D so I can backup my settings so its not as terrible to start over.

That's what I mean the first instructions here were not working either, as it created an 11.2 jail on freenbsd 11.1, which after you stop the jail it wouldn't restart. Then the Json file was changed to reflect that, and now since the freenas beta-1 update the Json file is back to FreeBSD 11.2. Anyway, at this point in time the instructions on post 1 are good, if you need to upgrade you have to scroll down in this thread.

Baenwort

I found that moving the following directories from the old jail to the new has preserved the device associations. (assumptions are emby user is 989 and jailtank is the name of your jail pool)

cp -r /mnt/jailtank/jails/emby_1/var/db/emby-server/plugins /mnt/jailtank/jails/emby_2/var/db/emby-server/plugins
cp -r /mnt/jailtank/jails/emby_1/var/db/emby-server/config /mnt/jailtank/jails/emby_2/var/db/emby-server/config
cp -r /mnt/jailtank/jails/emby_1/var/db/emby-server/data/collections /mnt/jailtank/jails/emby_2/var/db/emby-server/data/collections
cp -r /mnt/jailtank/jails/emby_1/var/db/emby-server/data/playlists /mnt/jailtank/jails/emby_2/var/db/emby-server/data/playlists
cp -r /mnt/jailtank/jails/emby_1/var/db/emby-server/data/displaypreferences.db /mnt/jailtank/jails/emby_2/var/db/emby-server/data/displaypreferences.db 
cp -r /mnt/jailtank/jails/emby_1/var/db/emby-server/data/userdata_v2.db /mnt/jailtank/jails/emby_2/var/db/emby-server/data/userdata_v2.db
cp -r /mnt/jailtank/jails/emby_1/var/db/emby-server/data/users.db /mnt/jailtank/jails/emby_2/var/db/emby-server/data/users.db
cp -r /mnt/jailtank/jails/emby_1/var/db/emby-server/metadata /mnt/jailtank/jails/emby_2/var/db/emby-server/metadata
chown -R 989:989 /mnt/jailtank/jails/emby_2/var/db/emby-server

Now I haven't tried this while simultaneously doing a major emby version update so I don't warranty it for the jump from warden to iocage but it has worked for me over multiple warden to warden and iocage to iocage jumps.

If you are moving between iocage jails you need to use:

cp -r /mnt/jailtank/iocage/jails/emby_1/var/db/emby-server/plugins /mnt/jailtank/iocage/jails/emby_2/var/db/emby-server/plugins
cp -r /mnt/jailtank/iocage/jails/emby_1/var/db/emby-server/config /mnt/jailtank/iocage/jails/emby_2/var/db/emby-server/config
cp -r /mnt/jailtank/iocage/jails/emby_1/var/db/emby-server/data/collections /mnt/jailtank/iocage/jails/emby_2/var/db/emby-server/data/collections
cp -r /mnt/jailtank/iocage/jails/emby_1/var/db/emby-server/data/playlists /mnt/jailtank/iocage/jails/emby_2/var/db/emby-server/data/playlists
cp -r /mnt/jailtank/iocage/jails/emby_1/var/db/emby-server/data/displaypreferences.db /mnt/jailtank/iocage/jails/emby_2/var/db/emby-server/data/displaypreferences.db 
cp -r /mnt/jailtank/iocage/jails/emby_1/var/db/emby-server/data/userdata_v2.db /mnt/jailtank/iocage/jails/emby_2/var/db/emby-server/data/userdata_v2.db
cp -r /mnt/jailtank/iocage/jails/emby_1/var/db/emby-server/data/users.db /mnt/jailtank/iocage/jails/emby_2/var/db/emby-server/data/users.db
cp -r /mnt/jailtank/iocage/jails/emby_1/var/db/emby-server/metadata /mnt/jailtank/iocage/jails/emby_2/var/db/emby-server/metadata
chown -R 989:989 /mnt/jailtank/iocage/jails/emby_2/var/db/emby-server

A similar (but better way) is the creating of a emby-server dataset as mentioned above and using fstab or the GUI to direct that dataset into the emby-server jail as was suggested by several people here and at the FreeNAS resource page for installing an iocage emby.

I've yet to have to reinstall any of the Android apps on any of the family Android devices so I assume either of these would solve your problem.

Edited by Baenwort
  • Like 1

makarai

I found that ...

That of course works too, and is a great post for people who look for a solution, i was hoping the emby devs would include a way in the server backup to import export the devices :D (slight nudge @Luke) 

Also i guess the some of us how post here in this forum are also active on the freenas forum :D

Edited by makarai

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to all,

with the release Version 3.5.2.0 and 3.6.0.2 there is a bug with the player on Android and LG OS and during the poster information preview.

With version 3.3.1.0 the problem isn't showed.

The information about the video quality, resolution and the Audio track isn't showed in the preview or during the playing

So isn't impossible to change the audio track or select the subtitle before the play or during the show

post-345757-0-92204900-1535208393_thumb.jpg

post-345757-0-08242600-1535208401_thumb.jpg

post-345757-0-23267100-1535208407_thumb.jpg

post-345757-0-35157600-1535208415_thumb.jpg

Log.txt

Edited by gasp72

I saw you created a github topic but please see the info requested in the link above. thanks.

Barlog9511

I don't have any log (but maybe same problem like @makarai )

but I have a problem with Emby version 3.6.0.2

after some time ( sometimes one hour sometimes 4 hours ) I got connection refused from a web browser 

Emby Mobile and SamsungTV application connect fine to the server, only problems I have with any browsers

After the restart, I am again able to connect to the Emby server

@@Luke this was a problem with VNET configuration of jail in FreeNAS-11.2-BETA2, this configuration fix this problem

5b8187bd976df_Screenshot20180825184426.p

Barlog9511

Do you suggest we update the install instructions?

Yes,

maybe somewhere in the optional configuration if people have problems like me,

but this perhaps this will be fixed in the future release

makarai

Yes,

maybe somewhere in the optional configuration if people have problems like me,

but this perhaps this will be fixed in the future release

What is the exact problem, since I run my jail in a vnet config

Barlog9511

What is the exact problem, since I run my jail in a vnet config

I have two jails, transmission and emby, and after about 30 min and  I got connection refused from a web browser, the only way how to fix this was to restart jails

When I turn off vnet config, this problem was fixed

I saw you created a github topic but please see the info requested in the link above. thanks.

sorry, but you mean did you prefer just only one post or I miss the emby log file in the information that I wrote?

I have attached the log.txt