New FreeNAS Package for testing

Luke

eraser8

And finally, a suggestion, you could add Makarai post #44 description for update part in your #1 post of this thread.

Thanks

adrianwi

I've been playing around with the latest FreeNAS 11.2BETA2 and thought I'd give this a quick test.

Installation works great and I'll test updating the jail and packages tomorrow...

makarai

@@Luke Today the new (closer to stable) FreeNas 11.2-Stable (Beta2) has been released, which fixes the plugin bug where one can not start/ restart plugins that are based on FreeBSD 11.2. I this means your emby-server.json can be rewritten to 11.2. ( i actually tried it, and it works) 

Edited by makarai

adrianwi

So, the iocage documentation says it should be possible to upgrade a jail using:

iocage upgrade examplejail -r 11.0-RELEASE

I tried this with iocage upgrade emby-server -r 11.2-RELEASE (jail was created using the json script at -r 11.1) but I got an error message to tell me the .json file could not be found.  Checked the /tmp folder (which is where I'd saved it) and it wasn't there so pulled it back down using wget command.  Running the command again failed as it said a snapshot already existed.

Didn't try much beyond this, although the upgrade button on the BETA2 UI doesn't do anything either.  I guess this iocage stuff is still WIP.

The good news was upgrading emby within the jail worked perfectly from 3.5.0.2 to 3.6.0.2 using

iocage console emby-server
service emby-server stop
pkg add -f https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/3.6.0.2/emby-server-freebsd_3.6.0.2_amd64.txz
service emby-server start

I'm sure they'll work out the iocage upgrading before FreeBSD 11.1 is EOL, but the script makes creating a new jail pretty simple anyway.  I still think it's worth creating a embydb dataset and saving all the /var/db/emby-server files and folders to that, so it can be mounted back into a jail with a single iocage fstab command.  A bit of a Docker like solution, but works well and also means you don't need to back up the jail, just the embydb dataset.

Vidman

It took a few attempts, but finally installed 3.5.2.0 and so far it seems I finally have a stable and up to date install and working plugins ( except for radeons theme plugins - but I believe they are only tested for .net core) .

Is it safe to reactivate real time monitoring with this version?

It took a few attempts, but finally installed 3.5.2.0 and so far it seems I finally have a stable and up to date install and working plugins ( except for radeons theme plugins - but I believe they are only tested for .net core) .

Is it safe to reactivate real time monitoring with this version?

All plugins in the catalog should work with your install.

As far as the real-time monitor, unfortunately you'll just have to try it. It's something that's going to vary with each setup, file system, etc. Neither mono nor .net core officially support bsd at this stage, so what happens is freebsd community members take the source code and patch it with changes needed for bsd. So that's where the freebsd version of mono comes from. 

• Like 1

makarai

i am seeing an error that i am not sure about

2018-08-08 16:36:53.591 Error HttpServer: Error in ProcessAccept
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.5.2.0
	Command line: /usr/local/opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.exe -os freebsd -ffmpeg /usr/local/opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -programdata /var/db/emby-server -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-freebsd_{version}_amd64.txz
	Operating system: Unix 11.2.0.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: False
	Mono: 5.10.1.47 (5.10.1.47 Tue Jul 31 08:53:28 UTC 2018)
	Processor count: 8
	Program data path: /var/db/emby-server
	Application directory: /usr/local/opt/emby-server/system
	System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): The socket is not connected
	  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.get_RemoteEndPoint () [0x00035] in <21f290024f5b40018647912d9490544a>:0 
	  at SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpEndPointListener+<ProcessAccept>d__27.MoveNext () [0x000c6] in <a5736a6459834adca3c1d719c64b8fca>:0 
	System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
	  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.get_RemoteEndPoint () [0x00035] in <21f290024f5b40018647912d9490544a>:0 
	  at SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpEndPointListener+<ProcessAccept>d__27.MoveNext () [0x000c6] in <a5736a6459834adca3c1d719c64b8fca>:0 

Barlog9511

I don't have any log (but maybe same problem like @makarai )

but I have a problem with Emby version 3.6.0.2

after some time ( sometimes one hour sometimes 4 hours ) I got connection refused from a web browser 

Emby Mobile and SamsungTV application connect fine to the server, only problems I have with any browsers

After the restart, I am again able to connect to the Emby server

@@Luke here is last report from server

Try turning off the realtime monitor for your emby libraries. Additionally, try removing these plugins:

2018-08-09 15:00:33.034 Info App: Loading statistics, Version=2.0.5.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /var/db/emby-server/plugins/Statistics.dll
2018-08-09 15:00:33.034 Info App: Loading playback_reporting, Version=1.0.18.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /var/db/emby-server/plugins/playback_reporting.dll

Thanks.

Barlog9511

Try turning off the realtime monitor for your emby libraries. Additionally, try removing these plugins:

2018-08-09 15:00:33.034 Info App: Loading statistics, Version=2.0.5.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /var/db/emby-server/plugins/Statistics.dll
2018-08-09 15:00:33.034 Info App: Loading playback_reporting, Version=1.0.18.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /var/db/emby-server/plugins/playback_reporting.dll

Thanks.

I have the same results, Emby stop working after about 30 min

Log files

server_log_remove_plugins.txt

server_log_turn_off_realtime.txt

makarai

Are you experiencing a problem?

I would file a proper bug report but the Problems that occur are so inconsistent, i am trying to narrow down the issues. I pretty much use a couple of different devices to connect to my emby server. Some from remote locations some from my home network.

The Problems that regularly encounter regardless from where i connect are

Sometimes i start a movie and in an instant it starts playing, other times there is a good 30 seconds wait time, sometimes i have to close the app or the browser. 

Soemtimes i can skip ahead in a movie (non buffered part) and it plays in an instant, sometime it takes 50 seconds or never starts playing, or only sound is playing.

I use the following devices, 

Nvidia Shield app, Nvidia Shield Kodi+embycon, 1+ 3T Android Phone, Windows 10 Chrome Browser. 

My Infrastructure looks like this

1Gbit Wan -> PfSense: i5-3550 4Gb Ram (ssd), intel i350T + HAProxy  reverse Proxy -> FreeNAS ( Intel e3-1240v5 3X16Gb  evo 960ssd for  with emby)

I can post my HAProxy (1.8.13)config in case someone is a super genius (@@pir8radio )on that topic, i am for sure not.

my backend config looks like this:

backend backend-emby_ipv4
	mode			http
	id			10123
	log			global
	errorfile			503 /var/etc/haproxy/errorfile_backend-emby_ipv4_503_customerror
	timeout connect		30000
	timeout server		30000
	retries			3
	http-response set-header X-Frame-Options SAMEORIGIN
	http-response set-header X-XSS-Protection "1;mode=block"
	http-response set-header Content-Security-Policy:script-src self
	http-response set-header Referrer-Policy no-referrer-when-downgrade
	http-response set-header X-Content-Type-Options nosniff
        http-response set-header Strict-Transport-Security max-age=31536000;includeSubDomains;preload
	server			emby_iocage 192.168.0.110:8096 id 10124 check inter 1000  
Edited by makarai

pir8radio

I would file a proper bug report but the Problems that occur are so inconsistent, i am trying to narrow down the issues. I pretty much use a couple of different devices to connect to my emby server. Some from remote locations some from my home network.

The Problems that regularly encounter regardless from where i connect are

Sometimes i start a movie and in an instant it starts playing, other times there is a good 30 seconds wait time, sometimes i have to close the app or the browser. 

Soemtimes i can skip ahead in a movie (non buffered part) and it plays in an instant, sometime it takes 50 seconds or never starts playing, or only sound is playing.

I use the following devices, 

Nvidia Shield app, Nvidia Shield Kodi+embycon, 1+ 3T Android Phone, Windows 10 Chrome Browser. 

My Infrastructure looks like this

1Gbit Wan -> PfSense: i5-3550 4Gb Ram (ssd), intel i350T + HAProxy  reverse Proxy -> FreeNAS ( Intel e3-1240v5 3X16Gb  evo 960ssd for  with emby)

I can post my HAProxy (1.8.13)config in case someone is a super genius (@@pir8radio )on that topic, i am for sure not.

my backend config looks like this:

On the ones that take 30 seconds to start are they mp4's?   do non mp4's load right up?

I'm decent with nginx, and can help trouble shoot HAProxy, but i'm not champ at it lol.

If you have spare hardware laying around try running another emby server without such a complicated setup first and work your way up from there.... the movies that are getting stuck are they the same movies or is it random...is emby transcoding those movies? How big and what file type is it?

Hi, I just installed Emby via the Plug-ins section on the new interface for 11.2.  Appears to be working ok, just configuring it now.  Not sure what I missed or this will work long term and I have to go back and follow the instructions in post 1.

This is going to be our official install process going forward.

Worked perfectly. Had a hickup with Users (initial user created wouldn't load when trying to update its settings) but it corrected itself after i played with it a little (created a second users, configured it and the first user was able to load properly).

Now i'm trying to figure out how to move my movies and TV show watched status over from my production instance.

Edited by Kent

Vidman

This is going to be our official install process going forward.

So you don't intend to release to the official plugin repository eventually?

I would like to yes, but much like the nas releases i would expect it to always run behind due to approval processes we have to get through.

PhilWhite

Luke,

Thank you.  Just updated and it was a breeze. Everything seems to be working normally -- plays TV fine, movies, etc. For those of us using iocage jails this is a terrific update.