No compatible streams are currently available

runtimesandbox

runtimesandbox

I have been getting the below error when trying to play back media using tv.emby.media on a playstation 4. I am able to access the server fine and browse the media but I am not able to play anything. This is on an external network to the Emby server. Other remote devices like the android app and a pc have no issues with play back.

No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.

Nothing in the logs about failures, can provide if necessary.  

runtimesandbox

Server is just doing a library scan so will get fresh logs when finished.

One thing I have noticed in the logs is that its using my external domain name with the default emby port even though that is not forwarded through the firewall. My server sits behind a reverse proxy and I have set the relevant setting in Emby to that. Doesn't affect playback on any other device though 

Edit: seems to play trailers fine, have tried multiple media files and same error on all

Edited by spudd

runtimesandbox

Log attached. No ffmpeg log generated as transcoding never starts

Edited by spudd

runtimesandbox

If I access it (tv.emby.media) via the browser on a PC it works fine and files play back without issue so I don't believe it is an issue with the reverse proxy I am using.

Any other info I can provide to help diagnose this?

I'm not sure yet. We're going to have a 3.5.1 release. I would suggest trying with that. Thanks.

runtimesandbox

Have tried with the latest update Luke but still get the same error message regarding stream being unavailable. 

Ok thanks for the info. i haven't been able to reproduce but will continue to test. Thanks.

runtimesandbox

Can you provide any more information on how the ps4 works through media.emby.tv so I can try and troubleshoot more when I get some free time?

Sorry what exactly are you asking? The only supported app on ps4 is:

http://tv.emby.media

runtimesandbox

Long day! I meant tv.emby.media!

What video format does it play back on the ps4 in etc? I'll try and do some debugging with burp / wireshark when I get some free time this weekend

• 5 months later...
stuff

It would be super sweet if you were to come back and tell us if you resolved this, A friend of mine is having the same issue, And since he lives afare it is hard for me to try and resolve it.

I cant answer my own question but to those whom may read this spudd also replies one or more posts about emby behing a reverse proxy and that might be the issue, we did get a suggestion or two of things to try however i don't know yet if they work.

Edited by Enwyn

runtimesandbox

no sadly never resolved this. Ended up getting a fire stick instead

I'm not convinced its a problem with the reverse proxy as it works across all my other devices without issue

Well ty for responding :) I renembered that my buddy has previously complained about the noise and heat from his ps4. So i think i talked him into buying a chromecast 1080p.

Not a hard pill to swallow at 35Euro and the fact that i've bin using one for years.

If SSL is involved it could also be that the PS4 is rejecting your certificate. If it's not trusting your cert then the app will not be able to connect. 

runtimesandbox

I can try it with a reverse proxy and no ssl but it does seem to connect fine as I can browse films / tv shows fine, get cast info and even play trailers.

It seemed to be something with the stream that emby converted files to.

I'm pretty sure at the time I converted a film to a specific format (what youtube uses) and it worked fine

It seemed to be something with the stream that emby converted files to.

Then try a plain mp4 that will direct play to remove that from the equation.

runtimesandbox

I'm pretty sure at the time I converted a film to a specific format (what youtube uses) and it worked fine

This is what I did. 

Will do some testing again at the weekend and see what I can find

sanewton72

+1 for me too - I get this when trying to listen to *any* music through PS4 client. ShieldTV and web clients fine. 

No proxy, NAT or VPN involved...no nuttin'. Just an Emby server connected direct to the LAN, next to a PS4 on the same LAN.

+1 for me too - I get this when trying to listen to *any* music through PS4 client.

This is actually different. The ps4 web browser does not support any audio-only playback. We're going to have to do a workaround where we wrap the audio into a video container on the fly and we just haven't gotten there yet. Thanks.

sanewton72

understood...thanks for the quick reply Luke. the Emby webpage for the PS4 'client' gave a rousing pitch about "A Beautiful Way to Play Your Music" (https://emby.media/emby-ps4.html) so i just leapt straight to the conclusion i was hitting a problem of some sort rather than a limitation of the platform.

runtimesandbox

+1 for me too - I get this when trying to listen to *any* music through PS4 client. ShieldTV and web clients fine. 

No proxy, NAT or VPN involved...no nuttin'. Just an Emby server connected direct to the LAN, next to a PS4 on the same LAN.

does video play fine for you?

If so what format do you have your video files stored in?