Auto Organize no longer renames the episodes.

MSacre

MSacre

After a server upgrade to version 3.5.0.0 and Auto Organize version 1.2.8 the plugin no longer renames the files correctly but uses the name of the file in the target directory.

Before, the file would be renamed and if there were other files present in the target directory, the video file would be overwritten and renamed and all the other files would be renamed with the new name while leaving anything following the original filename intact.

"Series.s0e01.NoTitle.Junk_Information.mkv" would become "Series - 1x01 - Title of the Episode.mkv"

and

"Series.s0e01.NoTitle.Junk_Information.track03.srt" would become "Series - 1x01 - Title of the Episode.track03.srt"

While this has no impact on Emby itself, it now forces me to lookup the episode name and individually rename the files and the associated subtitle files.

Is there a configuration option to activate the correct move /rename ?

Or is there a way to revert to an older version of auto-organize that predates the introduction of "movie"?

Marc.

PS: Edited after testing with a new file. It still correctly renames the episodes when there are no existing files in the directory.

Edited by MSacre

A lot of changes have been introduced from community member @@PoppyPop. We'll have to see what he thinks.

While we're here I would just like to point out that AutoOrganize is a community addition, and contributions are welcome. The source code can be found here:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.AutoOrganize

@@daedalus there's a high rate of defects being reported, maybe i should roll the pluign back to where it was several months ago? A lot of new features from poppypop will be lost though if I do that.

daedalus

i don't see this in 3.6.0.1 beta

2018-07-21 17:06:39.587 Info App: Sorting file D:\video\Longmire S05E02.mkv
2018-07-21 17:06:39.742 Info App: Sorting file D:\video\Longmire S05E02.mkv into series E:\Longmire
2018-07-21 17:06:39.801 Info App: Sorting file D:\video\Longmire S05E02.mkv to new path E:\Longmire\Season 05\S05E02 - One Good Memory.mkv
2018-07-21 17:06:39.981 Info App: Sorting file D:\video\Longmire S05E02 - Kopie.mkv into series E:\Longmire
2018-07-21 17:06:39.982 Info App: Sorting file D:\video\Longmire S05E02 - Kopie.mkv to new path E:\Longmire\Season 05\S05E02 - One Good Memory.mkv

gets correctly named and overwritten here

MSacre

In the example from the beta,  it looks like the existing file already has the correct name.

I tested it again and I confirm that when the episode is already present, it will use the name of the existing file in Emby and not rename it correctly as before.

I first copied the file to the destination folder, waited for Emby to find it and then put the same file in my auto organize folder.

The filename remained unchanged.

22/07/2018         Hidden.2018.s01e07.720p.hdtv.x264-mtb x265.mkv         D:\Public\Shared Videos\Series_UK\Hidden\Season 1\Hidden.2018.s01e07.720p.hdtv.x264-mtb x265.mkv            

I then renamed the file in the destinaton folder, waited and put the file with the original filename in the auto organize folder.

The source filename became the destination filename.

22/07/2018         Hidden.2018.s01e07.720p.hdtv.x264-mtb x265.mkv         D:\Public\Shared Videos\Series_UK\Hidden\Season 1\Hidden.2018.s01e07.720p.hdtv.x264-mtb.mkv

Finaly I deleted the file in the destination and only then was the file correctly renamed by auto organize

22/07/2018      Hidden.2018.s01e07.720p.hdtv.x264-mtb x265.mkv            D:\Public\Shared Videos\Series_UK\Hidden\Season 1\Hidden - 1x07 - Episode 7.mkv        

It is as if a portion of the procedure is bypassed for some reason.

Not being a programmer I can't read the source code, but my guess from what I can see happening is  that:

In the past it would take the original filename in Emby and also create a filename based on the episode information in Emby.

It then would copy the file to the destination (overwrite Original_Filename) and then rename all the files from Original_Filename.* to Episode_Filename.*

I think that it now stops at the copy.

daedalus

ah now i get what you want

this is kind a difficult and again wrong behavior if it takes place

i thought things like this would have be fixxed by this similar issue -> https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.AutoOrganize/issues/13

but seems that it badly only covers the extension

it should be only overwriting if the destination filename exactly already matches the new pattern, existing "randomly" named files not following this pattern should be left untouched

even if in your special case it would be desirable, different filenames in general mean different versions and so they are mostly intended to coexist

and then rename all the files from Original_Filename.* to Episode_Filename.*

^ emby never renamed any existing files, at least if i can trust my memory

staying on your suggestion it "wont" be able to have eg 720p and 1080p versions of a file in the same folder

Edited by daedalus

MSacre

daedalus, well it did rename in the past  and it suddenly stopped after the server upgrade.

That left half the files in a directory with the correct name and half with the existing name.

Maybe that renaming was unintended and even a bug but I find it practical.

I have the habit of storing the files in the target directory and add subtiles files there.

I would then compress the files with x265 and let auto organize nicesely rename all the files.

You are right that if you wanted to keep more that 1 version, that would not be possible unless you played around with a "." at the end of the filename.

That is what I did to keep different subtitle files in the same directory.

They would be renamed Episode_Filename.en.srt, Episode_Filename.en-sdh.srt and so on.

Edited by MSacre

daedalus

daedalus, well it did rename in the past  and it suddenly stopped after the server upgrade.

That left half the files in a directory with the correct name and half with the existing name.

Maybe that renaming was unintended and even a bug but I find it practical.

if you say so i'll believe you for now ;)

but as stated i don't think this should take place, unless we get an option like "overwrite existing files regardless their name" (but i think this is too complicated)

I have the habit of storing the files in the target directory and add subtiles files there.

I would then compress the files with x265 and let auto organize nicesely rename all the files.

badly the "move accompanying files" option didn't made it into the plugin, so you could let your finished files get organized

You are right that if you wanted to keep more that 1 version, that would not be possible unless you played around with a "." at the end of the filename.

That is what I did to keep different subtitle files in the same directory.

They would be renamed Episode_Filename.en.srt, Episode_Filename.en-sdh.srt and so on.

this is "only valid" for languages, versioning in emby follows different rules

things like this happen if the developers don't work hand in hand, this plugin suffered from "ricochets" of emby changes from the first day

@@Luke do you know if @@PoppyPop will take this up again or has he also silently abandoned this plugin

I'm sure he's still around, but it's a community plugin. He may only wish to work on things that he uses himself. That's why we're always looking for new contributors for it.

vaise

I will sadly miss auto organise and have to go back to media centre master - which is not ideal since I just moved from windows to a headless linux server running everything.  I dont know what I would do without it!

I will sadly miss auto organise and have to go back to media centre master - which is not ideal since I just moved from windows to a headless linux server running everything.  I dont know what I would do without it!

Why?

daedalus

i think he refers to your announcement to revert to an older version

without a statement from the developer its difficult to decide

Well even if i reverted it, the core function of moving episodes will still be there.

vaise

Why?

I was referring to if this does not get any development to keep up with the emby changes. 

I have found myself sticking to emby releases known to work with this plugin how = or waiting until the plugin was updated before jumping n the next beta.

The beta stream before this last stream of beta's stopped it working regularly, causing manual renaming and adding - I got a bit fed up with that. 

Im not complaining - it was the beta stream after all.

This last set of beta's however has been pretty stable with it. I have ot yet jumped on the new release.

It will always be up to date with Emby releases. I can help with that.

It's the actual organizing functions that I just don't have the bandwidth to develop personally.

But making a compatibility update is no problem.