No sound on many movies

peterem
Go to solution Solved by corey,

peterem

No im not an tech guy so please don't ask for logs and other stuff.

I have a lot of movies that plays without sound and i read in many forums that this is a Apple problem. The movies play fine on iPhone and iPad but not on ATV.

I dont think this is an Apple problem, i think this is an Emby problem since the movies play fine with sound if i use Mr Mc with the Emby server as an service.

Please fix this as i really would like to use the Emby client on ATV

peterem

5b5224d163e13_Skarmavbild20180720kl20061

This is all i can give you since i don't have the skills to give you logs and stuff.

I'm sorry.

Very strange since that is an mp4. I would love to be able to test this file myself. do you by chance have something like dropbox or google drive where you could upload it to? Thanks !

peterem

I added another in two versions, one with SWESUB and on without.

The one without SWESUB have sound.

We tried to download but the files are gone. Can you make them available again? thanks.

corey

So after taking a quick look at your media files I can confirm the ones with the MP3 (SWESUB) tracks have no audio on both the Apple TV as well as in QuickTime. The fact that it's not supported in QuickTime leads me to believe that Apple does not support MP3 audio tracks in a MP4 container. From their documentation it seems that may be the case as I see no mention of MP3 here:

5b549493bff56_ScreenShot20180722at102451

@@Luke / @@ebr --

What if we changed the transcoding profiles such that they force a transcode on an MP4 with an MP3 audio track?

• Solution
corey

So how come the play with sound in MrMc on the same ATV?

I can almost guarantee that MrMc is not using the native Apple player. We’re currently working on replacing the native Apple player with our own custom one.

• Like 2