Connection Failure with IOS APP

jonci

I try to login with IOS APP but it show Connection Failure but it is work when using ios web browser. I attached the log file for your checking. Thanks!

post-264907-0-91236900-1532099187_thumb.jpg

log.txt

Are you running a reverse proxy?

Yes, you mean the OpenDNS I setup in my router? I try to remove the opendns in my router but it show up the same Connection Failure.

• 4 months later...

How about at home inside your lan network, using a lan address?

No, Cannot connect for using lan address.

I think this is the problem on my ios device before because my family member can connect it via app. However, it look like all of our iso device have the same issue right now. 

It can connect to the login page but when i try in the password and pass logon. It show the connect error for my first post and it only happen for the ios app. others way , no issue. Thanks!

On the please sign in screen, what did you click?

Use Guest Account and type in the password and sign in. then connection error.

But I use the same iphone and do the same step in safari then it works

5bfbad34205c0_536632216.jpg

Edited by jonci

So on sign in, it gives you connection failure?

As a test, can you try entering the wrong password? Thanks.

So on sign in, it gives you connection failure?

As a test, can you try entering the wrong password? Thanks.

Same connection failure screen shown for wrong password.

Oh wait I see the problem in your server log, nevermind. Did you by chance go back and forth between the beta and the stable release?

Oh wait I see the problem in your server log, nevermind. Did you by chance go back and forth between the beta and the stable release?

I am now using the latest version in Asustor App Center. If simply install the apk package in Asustor Center, I can go back to any version.

Well that's not what I asked. Have you been going back and forth between different versions?

This is Jonci... I reset my password but cannot login with the new one. so use the other account.

Sorry... got it now. Yes, I did it for my previous issue. Thanks!

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/53875-server-will-auto-shutdown-when-i-try-to-connect-with-https/

Ok, if you go to the beta, you cannot go backwards to stable and that's why you're having a problem here. You'll need to either go back to the beta, or make a fresh start with the stable release. Thanks.

Backing up Emby Server.

Above link back to this post... Btw, I try to remove this app in Asustor Portal, restart the NAS and then install it again. The problem still here.......

Anyway to "real" remove the app in Asustor? After reinstall the app in Asustor, all the setting and metadata is still remain in the NAS.

Or I can fix the issue without a fresh start?

Sorry I have corrected the link. Unfortunately that is the way Asustor works. You'd have to uninstall and then manually delete the server's data folder, if that's what you want to do.

Sorry I have corrected the link. Unfortunately that is the way Asustor works. You'd have to uninstall and then manually delete the server's data folder, if that's what you want to do.

Thanks Luke! Do you know where is the server's data folder in Asustor? Is that save in different location? I try to rename the below emby folder to emby_backeup folder as backup and reinstall the emby server then i am not longer login again the server.

post-338426-0-35075600-1543720493_thumb.jpg

Edited by jonesci

It is printed at the top of the server log, so just start up the server, then head to the logs section in the dashboard and view the current log.

• 2 months later...

It is printed at the top of the server log, so just start up the server, then head to the logs section in the dashboard and view the current log.

I remove all folder and uninstall the app and restart the emby. it is no longer can connection to emby anymore......

This site can’t be reached

refused to connect.

• Search Google for 8096
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED