Firestick Audio Dropouts

davelane85

davelane85

I'm newish to Emby, trying to convert over from Plex, on some of my DD+ movies with audio output set to Auto I'm getting audio drop outs every few seconds. When setting it to downmix to stereo it works fine but obviously loose my 5.1.

It's happened on DTS tracks too but not as frequently

mastrmind11

what's your hardware setup?  is it transcoding?  post the log(s).

davelane85

I have Emby Server running on Windows 10, Client is on a Firestick Gen2 connected directly to my TV, then Optical Out to a Sonos Soundbar. File shows Remux, Video Direct, Transcode reason: Audio bitrate over limit. Ill grab the logs

It is stream copying the audio at full bitrate even though it says the audio bitrate is too high...

Thanks. I'd like to see a server log as well with debug logging enabled. To do this, go into the server dasboard -> Logs, then enable debug logging. Then please restart Emby Server. Then play the content again and once you've experienced the problem, then please attach the emby server log. thanks.

Is it possible for you to try the beta version of the app to see if this is still a problem?

Thanks.

Ebr, I DM'd you yesterday about joining the Amazon beta program

Hi.  Yes, I added you at that time.  You should have received an email from Amazon on Friday morning.

Okay, I just removed and re-added you - check all spam traps if you don't get it.

Invitations for your Live App Test Emby for Fire TV have been successfully sent to testers.Invitations Sent: 1 

Thanks, I have it now

Results are the same with the beta version tho

Can you please confirm the version of the app (shown in the settings page)?

If it is 1.6.09 please recreate the problem and post the server log again.

Thanks.

Can you please provide a copy of the media info as seen from the bottom of the web app detail screen? thanks.

davelane85

As requested:

Media Info

Video

Title1080P H264

CodecH264

AVCYes

ProfileHigh

Level40

Resolution1920x816

Aspect ratio2.35:1

InterlacedNo

Framerate23.9760246

Bitrate5919 kbps

Colour primariesbt709

Colour spacebt709

Colour transferbt709

Bit depth8 bit

Pixel formatyuv420p

Ref frames1

NAL4

Audio

TitleEng Dolby Digital+ 6 ch Default

Languageeng

CodecEAC3

Channels6 ch

Sample rate48000 Hz

DefaultYes

Subtitle

TitleEng

Languageeng

CodecSUBRIP

DefaultNo

ForcedNo

ExternalNo

Subtitle

TitleEng

Languageeng

CodecSUBRIP

DefaultNo

ForcedNo

ExternalNo

Containermkv

Hi.  Is that media info from the same item that you played in the log you first provided?  It doesn't appear to be as the original log had the audio bitrate information and this one doesn't.

Can you please go back and try the very same item (The Greatest Showman (2017).mkv)?

Thanks.

davelane85

Hi, yes it's always been the same file I have been playing, tho the first logs I had I think it was trancoding DD+ to DD+ for some reason. All the other times it no longer does that and direct plays the film

I got updated to 1.6.10a today, audio drops still occur with this file.

I enabled the debug logs, rebooted the server and played the affected file. New logs:

https://1drv.ms/t/s!Ajo2VYXafTp4hLMZ104gj0JCedK7WA

Thanks

All the other times it no longer does that and direct plays the film

That actually makes more sense - given the media info you provided.  That media info does not contain an audio bitrate so the app does not know that it is over what the system can support.

In your very first example, the bitrate information was there but wasn't being interpreted properly at the server end.

Can you try refreshing this item in the web app and see if an audio bitrate shows up?

davelane85

Hi, sorry I might be being blind, but I cannot see a refresh option?

I did have to rebuild my entire library yesterday so guessing it would have refreshed when I did that anyway, I didn't notice before it was missing the bitrate

I think it had the bitrate before because I saw it in your transcode log.  Something since that time has caused it to go away.

Right click the item or use the "..." menu and there is a refresh metadata option.