Set default theme globally

runtimesandbox

runtimesandbox

Love the new radiance blue theme :)

Can we get the option to set the default user theme globally in the admin dashboard?

• Like 15

I'd like to but not until the themes are consistently supported in all apps. Otherwise we'll just get hammered with "not working" reports.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
runtimesandbox

Is there any update on this? From what I can see the themes are now supported / available in all apps

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, runtimesandbox said:

Is there any update on this? From what I can see the themes are now supported / available in all apps

The Roku is lagging a bit behind. The Roku will be supporting themes eventually and following suit with how every other application handles them. This makes the part of your statment "in all apps" not quite true.. yet. ;)

Edited by speechles
  • Agree 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
Albertax

This would be a great feature. I have had so many of my users comment on how nice the Blue Radiance theme is 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Suliamu

Is there maybe a workaround for this? 
I set up users beforehand so that sorting and everything is ok so that nobody has to learn the options in the backend. 
But setting a theme isn't saved in user-settings, but it seems to be saved in cookies(?). 
When i access in another browser it always goes back in default to "grey", which is quite confusing. 
So i would extend this feature request to saving the chosen theme serverside, not browser-side. 
This at least would give the option to set the theme up per user. Quite tedious, but at least that would work.

Edit: Found a workaround here

Edited by Suliamu

47 minutes ago, Suliamu said:

But setting a theme isn't saved in user-settings, but it seems to be saved in cookies(?).

Hi.  The theme setting is per app and device by design.  It is quite likely that you want a different theme on a desktop computer than you want in a movie room.  So saving the actual setting will probably stay that way but we could provide a way for you to set a default that is stored centrally.

• Thanks 1