Google Chrome Fullscreen Double-click

invertedknife

Smitty018210

that works. i use my remote with Firefox and dont always have my keyboard sitting right next to me so clicking the header would work for me. thanks!

invertedknife

The video player already has a full screen button though right in the osd.

yes but the issue is that if you are using it with a touch screen laptop, you need to tap to bring up the osd, which pauses the video. then tap to go in/out of full screen and then tap again to play. i hope you see that in terms of user experience this is terrible. 

if you are using it with a mouse then you have to hunt for the button every time instead of doing a simple double click anywhere on the screen. a significant annoyance when multitasking. 

Edited by invertedknife

• 3 weeks later...
invertedknife

can you instead make it an option to revert to how it was before? and have it off by default? 

did you make a decision on this?

invertedknife

You can double tap anywhere in the header region to toggle fullscreen.

i feel like you have really not getting what i am trying to say. the problem is not when browsing emby, it's when playing a video... i want to be able to double clikc while playing a video to go to full screen, like any media player or web player would. 

• 5 months later...
chevelle69e9

Can we just make it standard again? Every good desktop media player lets you double click anywhere on the screen to full-screen it.  I completely understand Emby is geared more toward either a phone/tablet or 10 foot interface like Kodi, but that is not an excuse for the desktop experience, its the standard on desktop and is for a reason.  While I thank you for enabling the header feature, its not near as useful.

Edited by chevelle69e9