|Xiaomi Mi Box| Collections doesn't appear

emerjunq

emerjunq

I don't know if this issue began after the 3.5 server release, but the Collections disappeared from the Mi box Android app. Check these captures.

5b4f62a1828d2_servidor_versao.png

5b4f62b53d318_tela_inicial.png

5b4f62c30a6bf_coletaneas.png

It works ok at the web browser. Check the web browser capture.

5b4f62e824e74_navegador.png

Am I doing something wrong or there is a app problem here? Thanks.

emerjunq

Hi. How were these collections created?

I've created it manually, by the web browser (Chrome/Firefox).

This is working fine for me.  You are positive these are Emby collections created with our collection interface and not physical file folders with the movies in them?

My collections data is in /var/lib/emby/data/collections. I created my collections manually using the web interface, like OP. Also like OP, my collections are accessible through the web interface. Just not through the AndroidTV client.

Each folder in /var/lib/emby/data/collections contains an .xml file named collection.xml. No physical file folders or movies.

Files are owned by the emby user and are read accessible to everyone.

Edited by pfil

emerjunq

My collections data is in /var/lib/emby/data/collections. I created my collections manually using the web interface, like OP. Also like OP, my collections are accessible through the web interface. Just not through the AndroidTV client.

Each folder in /var/lib/emby/data/collections contains an .xml file named collection.xml. No physical file folders or movies.

Files are owned by the emby user and are read accessible to everyone.

This is exactly the same for me. It was created by web browser, searching manually each movie and adding to a specific collection. Everything by the collections procedure. This appears just fine at LG TV, Apple TV and browsers. My only issue is on the Xiaomi Mi Box Android TV. How can I help to solve it? May I send some kind of server or client information? Thank you for response.

mastrmind11

This is exactly the same for me. It was created by web browser, searching manually each movie and adding to a specific collection. Everything by the collections procedure. This appears just fine at LG TV, Apple TV and browsers. My only issue is on the Xiaomi Mi Box Android TV. How can I help to solve it? May I send some kind of server or client information? Thank you for response.

Can you please bring up that Collections view and then send a log from the app?  Be sure to come back here and give me the info requested.

Edited by mastrmind11

emerjunq

I have just sent a log from the app. I tryed to access the Collections, the movies doesn't appear then I send it. The hour is 14h38min, São Paulo/Brazil time.

emerjunq
I guess I found the difference between the server that the Android TV collections works or not. It is probably caused by the same problem that I am following in another topic. Check this out:

The log that I've sent some minutes ago is from a Virtualbox test server. I did it just exactly like my main server, with Ubuntu 16.04.4 but with just a few media. If I check the option "enable access to all libraries", no problem, the collections appears on the Android TV.

If I uncheck this, even though all the libraries are still checked, the Android TV doesn't show the movies inside the collection. Maybe the user that has access to all libraries are the one who can see the collections by the Android TV. But it only works if this "all libraries" box is checked. Try it, uncheck the "enable access to all libraries" but keep all the others checked, then try to access the collections. Probably the movies inside collections menu will not be there anymore, just like is happening here. 

I know, I'm a newbie here, this is probably a long shot but, the solution of these two topics could be related. Is this guess helpfull?

Remember that the LG TV, Apple TV and web browser works just fine. The only problem I have is on the Xiaomi Mi Box Android TV.

If I uncheck this, even though all the libraries are still checked, the Android TV doesn't show the movies inside the collection. Maybe the user that has access to all libraries are the one who can see the collections by the Android TV. But it only works if this "all libraries" box is checked. Try it, uncheck the "enable access to all libraries" but keep all the others checked, then try to access the collections. Probably the movies inside collections menu will not be there anymore, just like is happening here. 

I cannot reproduce this scenario either.  I have a user without access to all libraries (but with access to the "Collections" library) and everything seems to work fine.

This is the same exact user in each of the apps you are testing with, correct?

Just in case something got fixed by the way, can you please try the beta version of the app?

Thanks.

emerjunq

Just in case something got fixed by the way, can you please try the beta version of the app?

Thanks.

Ok. I've subscribed as a beta tester. I'm waiting for the app update. I'll let you know what happens as soon as I receive the update. Thanks.

emerjunq

I cannot reproduce this scenario either.  I have a user without access to all libraries (but with access to the "Collections" library) and everything seems to work fine.

This is the same exact user in each of the apps you are testing with, correct?

Yes, this is the same user, actually the only one. Lets try a different approach. I captured a video from my PC web browser and the Android TV with the assistence of the TeamViewer. This was took from my Virtualbox test server, the same where the log sent came from. You'll be able to verify my collections, the only user and what happens when I change the access settings. This video was not edited.

I hope this can help you to reproduce the issue. Thank you for support.

emerjunq

I have installed the 1.6.09g version of Emby. I think that is the beta, am I right? Unfortunately the problem remais exactly the same. I've just sent a log from the app. Sorry guys, I'm going to keep looking for some clue which explains why you cannot reproduce the scenario. Thanks.

Purged 3.5.0.0 and reinstalled on ubuntu 18.04. Still have the same problem. It only affects users who have granular access to libraries. Full access users work as intented.

Also stumbled upon another problem for users who have granular access in the web app. When trying to add an item to an existing collection, the drop down menu fails to populate.

What it looks like for users with full access:

5b53e76d82ed6_ScreenShot20180721at100615

And what it looks like for users with granular access:

5b53e78a7210c_ScreenShot20180721at100541