Play from optical drive

whitestrat13

A8HTPC

External playback software like TMT or PDVD can only be used if their cinavia detection has been hacked by AnyDVD. For TMT it means that the AnyDVD hack will only work on ISOs not folders. After years of trying by Slysoft Cinavia has yet to be removed, the audio watermark is so robust that after recording the audio track with a recorder then reencoding it the Cinavia audio mark still survives. It is for this reason that some DVDs have Cinavia protection because people have muxed the BD video with the DVD audio and tried to get around the protection.

BD playback from folders with full menus and no Cinavia detection will be very illusive if not impossible. ATM the only way possible is with hacked TMT, PDVD or a 2009 streaming media player like the Dune or PCH.

Just to add to the conversation the battle is heating up:

https://torrentfreak.com/slysoft-dvd-ripper-owner-found-guilty-in-criminal-action-140403/

We are talking about playing a physical disc. You don't need to worry about cinavia if you are not ripping the disc and are only playing the physical disc.

A8HTPC

The button is on the Apps section of the main menu in the latest build. They should make it show up on the main menu if a disc is in the drive. Not sure about the external apps though I suspect it would work like any media you have external players configured for. I don't use external players though.

Hmm odd place for it if its there

SikSlayer

The button is on the Apps section of the main menu in the latest build. They should make it show up on the main menu if a disc is in the drive. Not sure about the external apps though I suspect it would work like any media you have external players configured for. I don't use external players though.

Oh, I didn't get the update until I ran the installer again, a common problem I have updating all the Media Browser 3 Server, MBC, and MBT.

Hmm odd place for it if its there

I agree. This isn't the place for it. But at least we have it. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a slightly different requirement for physical discs...

since I'm keeping a bunch of content in my DVD changers, it would be lovely if
the .disc stub would allow me to launch a .bat instead of being prompted to insert.

My changer will do the "inserting" and I'll be able to take care of video switching and DVD changer control on my end.

Deathsquirrel

Zekek I don't want to derail the thread but I have to ask....why not rip those discs in the DVD changers?

@@Deathsquirrel

Fair question...

My attitude is for SD collections that chew up a lot of discs and space, it's convenient to leave them on disc.

ie. an old TV collection like the 80s/90s Sherlock Holmes TV series, for example
which spans many discs is easier left on disc, since video quality is not my primary concern on the SD content and backup concerns are eliminated.

My library is approaching large, so I'm happy to reduce online requirements where it's reasonable to do so.

Plus, I have the DVD changers already (400 DVD discs each) and PC control of the changers is simple via RS232.

Spaceboy

I have 200 tv series over 12tb, I'd say just start ripping them. It's a pain but def worth it to have them digitally. Back up for one. My DVDs are all in storage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...

I can understand why MB doesn't want to deal with BR licensing fees but I wish they would.  I'd readily pay $100 (maybe even more) for premium content like this. I currently use TMT which gets the job done but its generally easier to just rip the movie.  I only keep it for the occasional Redbox rental. 

• Like 1

whitestrat13

I can understand why MB doesn't want to deal with BR licensing fees but I wish they would.  I'd readily pay $100 (maybe even more) for premium content like this. I currently use TMT which gets the job done but its generally easier to just rip the movie.  I only keep it for the occasional Redbox rental. 

I completely agree.  I'd happily donate to help fund the initial work and fees to the developers.  I love this product, and I use it daily.

BD Fees are yearly are they not? Or is it a one time fee?

It doesn't really matter.  It just isn't something we would ever really be able to participate in.  You're talking about $15,000 - $30,000 initial outlays and then we'd have to actually write a player to work with it.  All this for a format that is fading out in the digital world.  It just doesn't make sense for us.