Public and private playlists

harrv

Oceanus

I think this should have a much higher priority as it obviously has right now. Three years and nothing happened on what seems more like fixing a bug than implementing a new feature. Playlists need to be private. Furthermore admins need the ability to block users from editing collections. 

Brendon
9 hours ago, Oceanus said:

I think this should have a much higher priority as it obviously has right now. Three years and nothing happened on what seems more like fixing a bug than implementing a new feature. Playlists need to be private. Furthermore admins need the ability to block users from editing collections. 

Could not agree more on both counts, have been patiently waiting for years for both of these to be fixed, both need to be a much higher priority imo.

• Like 2

QDivision

+1 as well.

Playlists need a serious revamping + collections need to be locked so other users can't edit.

• 3 weeks later...
Oceanus

As a workaround i disabled collections and playlists for user. Unfortunately user can add items to playlists and collections even if they are not allowed to see them. IMHO that is also a bug.

3 hours ago, Oceanus said:

i disabled collections and playlists for user

Exactly how did you do that? 

Oceanus
1 hour ago, ebr said:

Exactly how did you do that? 

I removed the collection and paylist libraries from their account. Is there another, better way to do it?

Okay, that is just removing visibility to those libraries.  It doesn't really have an effect on the functionality of adding to playlists or collections.  We don't currently have permissions for those operations.

Oceanus

Maybe you should not be allowed to edit items which are not visible to you. They are not visible on purpose, aren't they?

Hi.  I can understand why it may seem that way but Collections are not a "Library" per se.  We just create that library view so there is one place you can go to see them all.  They still exist whether you show that view or not.  For instance, you can still choose to group items into collections in any of the other views.

It probably makes sense for us to create specific permissions for manipulating them though.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
kikinjo
1 hour ago, INITIATIVE said:

since 2018 then no actions taken? actions is better than words, but in emby, more words no actions. grrrr!

Too many platforms, too many devices that only few people use and are supported just like android tv app that millions of people use, way too much time is devoted to that. Thats the reason why we cant have this playlist feature done in 3 years, or for example iptv categories and similar features that are wanted for years.

On top of that sometimes is much more important to change display of something that to deliver features to users that are talking about it for years.

INITIATIVE
5 hours ago, kikinjo said:

Too many platforms, too many devices that only few people use and are supported just like android tv app that millions of people use, way too much time is devoted to that. Thats the reason why we cant have this playlist feature done in 3 years, or for example iptv categories and similar features that are wanted for years.

On top of that sometimes is much more important to change display of something that to deliver features to users that are talking about it for years.

I'm not looking for a reason, what I'm looking is for the solution. Isn't it simple to show some transparency to the clients paying for the service? I don't want to suggest too many things, they must know that already!

THINK!

kikinjo
1 hour ago, INITIATIVE said:

I'm not looking for a reason, what I'm looking is for the solution. Isn't it simple to show some transparency to the clients paying for the service? I don't want to suggest too many things, they must know that already!

THINK!

I agree with you, i m just stating my opinion why we are waiting so long.

seanbuff

To be fair, this needs to be made into an actual Feature Request, and have more Likes on the first post for it to get the attention that it deserves.

2 minutes ago, seanbuff said:

To be fair, this needs to be made into an actual Feature Request, and have more Likes on the first post for it to get the attention that it deserves.

That's not necessarily true. Issues that get reported are just as important.

niallobr

+1

Also by default I don't allow users access to all my libraries, so even if they create a playlist they won't be able to see or find find it since I don't have a playlists library in the first place and once it does get created they won't have access.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
DOWORK
On 2/20/2021 at 12:08 AM, KoteZA said:

+420 This is sorely needed. Keep collections public and playlist private per user ,will love you long time

Agreed. Would love this option.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Armageus

Just started moving my music library over to Emby and now encountered this.

Even making playlists user specific (and having no public option) would be better than the current situation with all playlists being public. 

• 3 weeks later...
GrumpyTrucker

Oh no. I was in the process - and have spent most of the weekend doing it - of moving all my, my wife's, and my mum's, music into Emby. And now I'm ready to roll, I encounter this bug / missing feature that has been on the "hopefully soon" list for nearly 4 years now. It shouldn't be this hard to implement a playlist feature that ties the playlist to that specific user that created it. Now I'm wondering if I should even bother.

It's not a problem for movies etc, since that's a combined library anyway. But music is much more personalised. Or should be.

I wouldn't mind, but the Playlist XML file has the UserID embedded in it, 

<UserId>number</UserId>

so surely it should be straight forward to have that filtered out like a tag based on logged-in user, without having to create tags specifically?

Edited by GrumpyTrucker
Missed a word out